PDA

View Full Version : Trailer help

backporchbbq
04-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Ok the new guy has few questions. We are looking to buy an enclosed trailer. Does anyone have pictures of their set ups. If we buy one we would need a crank to help bring the smoker in, and we would want shelves and storage bins inside. If anyone has pictures or ideas I would love to hear it.

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
04-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Ok the new guy has few questions. We are looking to buy an enclosed trailer. Does anyone have pictures of their set ups. If we buy one we would need a crank to help bring the smoker in, and we would want shelves and storage bins inside. If anyone has pictures or ideas I would love to hear it.

I know you just bought a MeadowCreek tow behind, so here is a trailer seller guy's opion, to put a trailer in a trailer is kind-a-weird. I think you would need a 8 1/2 wide just to start. I would suggest a bevertail, like a car hauler. to have any kind of interrior space you may want to go 20'+. which means a minumum of 2 spaces (forget NewHolland for parking side by side. and many more...)now you need to customize the trailer for your prep needs.(you can get fold down counters stc...).dont forget that you need to buy a trailer with a reinforced front to handle the MeadowCreek and the you will need a winch to pull the 2000#+ on to the trailer. A "come-A-Long" will beat your arms into submission. Not to mention the cost of a special trailer (awning, ramp doors, 20 amp service etc)!) try a second tow vehicle, with trailer for your gear and prep area would be what I would do. but who am I????????NOBODY!!good luck and please post pics of how things work out!

p.s I would love to sell you a trailer for your needs!

Sal

backporchbbq
04-13-2008, 05:55 PM
[quote=Smokin' Gnome BBQ;612940]I know you just bought a MeadowCreek tow behind, so here is a trailer seller guy's opion, to put a trailer in a trailer is kind-a-weird. I think you would need a 8 1/2 wide just to start. I would suggest a bevertail, like a car hauler. to have any kind of interrior space you may want to go 20'+. which means a minumum of 2 spaces (forget NewHolland for parking side by side. and many more...)now you need to customize the trailer for your prep needs.(you can get fold down counters stc...).dont forget that you need to buy a trailer with a reinforced front to handle the MeadowCreek and the you will need a winch to pull the 2000#+ on to the trailer. A "come-A-Long" will beat your arms into submission. Not to mention the cost of a special trailer (awning, ramp doors, 20 amp service etc)!) try a second tow vehicle, with trailer for your gear and prep area would be what I would do. but who am I????????NOBODY!!good luck and please post pics of how things work out!

Actually my dad and I were just talking about you. We will probably talk to you at Yardley if you are there. We are just kind of tossing the idea around. I doubt we will buy anytime in the near future, but we would want to talk to you to find out what would work and if it is financially possible.

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
04-13-2008, 07:05 PM
I thought you guys had my number????call me if I can help..thats what being a bretheren is all about!!

BBQ Bandit
04-13-2008, 07:56 PM
A trailer in PA that used to transport and house a race car.... on Craigslist (Halifax, PA)
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40783 (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40783)
2004 18' enclosed tailer. Used to haul race car about 8-10 times. Walls painted and floor black & white checkered, with anti-skid. Torsion axles, top of the line. Like new.
Also, P68 Harman pellet stove 3 months old.
Thanks

Trying to help out...
PA