PDA

View Full Version : CL/Freebie score! TOO funny

jdub
04-13-2008, 02:27 PM
This is like the old Penthouse Forum articles (remember that old guys? You know who you are!), I never thought these things were real till it happened to me,,,,,,,.

Ok so I get directions to this guy's house, I am going to get a Weber Performer for 175. 25 more than I wanted to spend, but I am getting 175 tonight for the offset, so what the hey. Off I go.
I turn into his hood and drive a ways, and there is the grill at the head of the driveway, he stuck it there so I can find him, but wait this isn't his address, hmmm. Also this one is a mess-ITS A FREEBIE GIVEAWAY!!!!!!!!!!!
I go ahead and find the guys house. His Performer is pristine, so I buy it, he even has the little gas tank for the starter and a cool cover.
NOW I go back to the other cats place and knock on the door. Yep, its a giveaway.
Its the precursor to the Performer (Platinum?) with no starter bottle. The lid is bent and the lid handle is gone. Filled with leaves and mud and a rusted out starter chimney, still good, but the cart is in good shape as well as the vent and the ash catcher. Look down under and good as new is the extension ring to put the rotisserie on the kettle-100 dollar gadget for free.

I think the cart will become a cart for a drum smoker, looks like it will fit fine.

What a score. Pics to follow

BBQ Grail
04-13-2008, 02:29 PM
I'm happy for you. I just have one question. Why does everyone else get the good scores?

jdub
04-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Sir I do not want to hear it!:-P I have been reading this site for awhile now about all these other cats getting Lang 84s for 15 dollars n what not-It was my day-my turn. Your day will come, but today was my day.
I wish you luck!
Man, how many people go out and buy this stuff before they decide they don't like it? I say lots. Its like golf clubs, you are pretty much nuts to buy new clubs, too many people give it up after 2 seasons.

I am wondering if this will keep me off CL for a little while? NNNAAAAHHHHH.

Hook_Line_and_Sinker
04-13-2008, 02:38 PM
great score , dam I need to go to cl more often

Spydermike72
04-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Nice score Jdub, it was indeed your day!!

JamesB
04-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Great score for sure... Anything good that comes to CL around my neck of the woods usually appears when I'm out of town... of course it's long gone before I get home!

James.

Divemaster
04-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Great Score!!!

P.S. Don't worry about trp1fox... He should be used to not scoring by now....

smokeandbeer
04-14-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm happy for you. I just have one question. Why does everyone else get the good scores?

Don't worry. I don't get any either. Maybe we should start a support group.

Smokin Gator
04-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Great score on both of those!!!

swamprb
04-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Sometimes it just works out that way! Congrats on the great score!

I know for me, if I'm searching for something, that I really need I never find it! It's those things that just pop up and you get lucky with.

smoke-n-my-i's
04-14-2008, 06:07 PM
This is like the old Penthouse Forum articles (remember that old guys? You know who you are!)

mmmmmmmmmmm, yes, so does that make me old???

BTW.... nice score ....

CL was nice to us today.... me included.

CaptGrumpy
04-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Larry,
It's like duck hunting. You gotta put the time in at the blind and remember to bring your gun and lunch!

jdub
04-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Used a chicken As a guinea pig. With the "ring" in place there is enough air leak to stoke the fire with the bottom vents closed- i had them part open and the temp pegged the thermometer in just a few minutes.
Got it back but it stayed warm, bird done (hair overdone) in an hour.

Here's the Question. If you run the rotisserie with the top off, do you still light two boxes of charcoal and split them apart, or one box off to one? What say you?

I have been using my Hasty Bake (its going on CL tomorrow BTW) to grill for two years now after I burned my last kettle plum through. I forgot how wonderful those things are. I'll never be without again!