PDA

View Full Version : The best thing about UDSís

smooookin
04-11-2008, 11:40 PM
When I am on the road and jonesin for some good Q, (lord knows I cant find it here), I can jump on Craigslist, find a barrel and build one in a few hours.

Gonna pick up a refurbished barrel sometime tomorrow, get it built, burn it out and eat good this Sunday. Once I am ready to move on I can take it with me, sell it to one of my co-workers or just leave it for the body shop guys to enjoy.

Damn, its gonna be good to come back to the hotel and have brisket, butt and ribs waiting for me!!!!

Midnight Smoke
04-11-2008, 11:50 PM
You must have stayed in a Hokiday Inn.

Meat Burner
04-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Jeff, you are all over the barrels dude. Not trying to hijack the thread but are you coming to the Rock N Ribs at Bass Pro next weekend? Got a ticket for you for the Friday night bash if you can make it and give me some UDS pointers.

smooookin
04-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Jeff, you are all over the barrels dude. Not trying to hijack the thread but are you coming to the Rock N Ribs at Bass Pro next weekend? Got a ticket for you for the Friday night bash if you can make it and give me some UDS pointers.

Man I wish I could make it up there. This storm may not last long, so, as the saying goes, Ya gotta make hay while the sun shines".

Drink a cold one (or three) for me. BTW, I haven't forgotten about the pecan.
gonna pick up a bag for the new drum!

Brauma
04-12-2008, 02:49 AM
Wish I could say the same about finding Eggs on CL. Ive been watching all of VA and MD religiously for months. Nuttin :mad:

Kevin Garceau
04-12-2008, 05:19 PM
I just wish I could find barrels.....

One guy has advertised in the paper. I have called him a dozen times, varying times and he doesnt even return a call.

I even have ads on the local for sale net page looking for them.

BBQ Grail
04-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Have UDS...will travel!

You must be popular amongst your co-workers.

smooookin
04-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Have UDS...will travel!

You must be popular amongst your co-workers.

Picked up the drum today, got it built and she is seasoning as we speak. The barrels were refurbished so the inside was clean. The lid fits like crap but I think I can use a couple of pairs of vise grips and make it work.

Yeah, I am already getting orders, "I want pulled pork, I want brisket" etc.
Tomorrow, I am throwing some ribs on, If they have the money I will throw em a bone.

Meat Burner
04-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Picked up the drum today, got it built and she is seasoning as we speak. The barrels were refurbished so the inside was clean. The lid fits like crap but I think I can use a couple of pairs of vise grips and make it work.

Yeah, I am already getting orders, "I want pulled pork, I want brisket" etc.
Tomorrow, I am throwing some ribs on, If they have the money I will throw em a bone.

That's cool Jeff. You are spreading the great Q to those who appreciate it. Will definately have a few dozen brews at the Rock N' Ribs for you. Keep those barrels rollin!