PDA

View Full Version : reheating 4 racks of Ribs tomorrow

ewile
04-11-2008, 09:17 PM
I was asked to Q 4 racks or ribs for a party on Saturday. Unfortunately it is not possible for me to make them tomorrow so they are on the grill right now.

What is the best way for me to reheat them tomorrow? I will have access to a gas BBQ and an oven at the party.

Also, should I keep them in whole racks overnight or slice them tonight.

Thanks!

BBQ Grail
04-11-2008, 09:55 PM
I prefer to reheat most Que in zip lock "microwavable" bags. Big pot of hot water (not quite boiling). Drop the bags in the water and they will reheat without drying out.

There are lots of methods on the forum, but this one works best for me. If you like them a little firmer I suppose you could drop them on the gasser for a minute after they are reheated.

Just my 2 cents...

CaptGrumpy
04-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Keep them whole tonight and wrap them in plastic wrap when they cool.
Tommorrow cut them into individual ribs and place in a pyrex dish and cover tightly with foil and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 250-300 degrees (use a pen thermometer to check your temp). Should not dry out your ribs. I cheat sometimes and add a little sauce on them before baking but make damned sure the dish is deep enough so the foil doesn't touch or they will be ruined by the reaction of tomato base to tin foil! If no sauce the ribs will create more juice when more fat is rendered off the ribs.
That is how I get rid of my left overs when my daughter's friends come over to raid the fridge!:twisted: