PDA

View Full Version : Salmon Score plus bonus!

ZBQ
04-11-2008, 03:01 PM
My old college buddy who lives in Alaska just dropped by on his way to hunt turkeys in
Northern Kentucky and look what he brought me!!:biggrin:
Top left is Silver Salmon, top right is King and the bottom two are Reds.
And he threw in a chunk of Mule Deer summer sausage from his hunt last fall!:biggrin:
Gotta reseal the bags on 3 of them because they lost their seal on the flight down, but they are still froze solid!
The one marked "dad's #2" was the 2nd place salmon in the Seward Silver Salmon Derby last year.

I sent a couple of pounds of foodsavered butt and a pint of Spicewines Blue Collar sauce
and a pint of sauce that I make with them for a care package while they are hunting.

He is stopping by on his way back to Cleveland and I'm gonna fire up Tilly and treat him and
the other Game Wardens he is traveling with to some good BB's and a spatchcocked chicken or two.

BobBrisket
04-11-2008, 03:14 PM
WOW!! What a treat. Cool buddy you got there. You gonna smoke it or plank it?

ZBQ
04-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Probably some of both.
I've never planked salmon before but I have used Jim Minions 2 stage rub for smoking salmon and it flat ROCKS!

Jim's rub is for the moister "dinner type" of smoked salmon but I want to try
to make some of the drier "appetizer type".

Anyone have a good recipe for the drier appetizer type?

CaptGrumpy
04-11-2008, 03:30 PM
That there is solid gold. Wild salmon is expected to hit $35 a pound with the salmon season cancelled here in Ca & Or. and 48% of the quota for Alaska has been slated for their season.

Munkee's Pit
04-11-2008, 03:38 PM
That there is solid gold. Wild salmon is expected to hit $35 a pound with the salmon season cancelled here in Ca & Or. and 48% of the quota for Alaska has been slated for their season Does that mean that when I get back from Alaska the first of August with two hundred pound of fresh reds that I will be rich? :biggrin:

Rick's Tropical Delight
04-11-2008, 10:28 PM
hey neighbor! :biggrin: