PDA

View Full Version : Its started!!!!! OH NO.. There is no turing back!

Ashmont
04-10-2008, 04:26 PM
I have been pulled farther into the depths of this addiction. I was approached today by a parent at our school about providing pulled pork for his sons graduation. Thanks to brother Mark I have a UDS.... to compliment my other tools of bbq. This one has not been the first because usually I pass but I said yes this time! Wheres Wyatt when you need him.... Oh probably school! Cyber Bar for me tonight...

txschutte
04-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Wheres Wyatt when you need him....
I will put him in the mail tomorrow. COD, of course. Just mail him back when he annoys you enough. Get a PBJ sammich ready, he'll be hungry when he gets there!!

On a serious note, it won't be your last. It seems between catering, grub for folks I know, and now BBQ classes, Q has taken over almost all of my free time. BUT, I'm not complaining.

Divemaster
04-10-2008, 04:33 PM
I have been pulled farther into the depths of this addiction. I was approached today by a parent at our school about providing pulled pork for his sons graduation. Thanks to brother Mark I have a UDS.... to compliment my other tools of bbq. This one has not been the first because usually I pass but I said yes this time! Wheres Wyatt when you need him.... Oh probably school! Cyber Bar for me tonight...
Congrat's!!!!!

On a serious note, it won't be your last. It seems between catering, grub for folks I know, and now BBQ classes, Q has taken over almost all of my free time. BUT, I'm not complaining.
I've noticed this as well... I've got a group of friends at the cigar lounge that want me to cook for them too....

Harbormaster
04-10-2008, 05:11 PM
I have been pulled farther into the depths of this addiction. Ain't it cool! It's so cool, in fact, that my wife will now look at PRON with me. :wink:

Good deal you got a gig! Someones mommy and daddy love them!

I've got a group of friends at the cigar lounge ....
Why the HE!! don't I have a cigar lounge near me?

Oh, that's right! I live in Wyocena! DUH:icon_blush:

HB-BBQ
04-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Why the HE!! don't I have a cigar lounge near me?

Oh, that's right! I live in Wyocena! DUH:icon_blush: Dont feel bad Harbor the only cigar lounge around here is in my garage. I have to order mine in from PA because the few cigar shops around here dont carry squat...I recently asked them for a Guhrka and they though I coughed haha

Ashmont sorry for the hijack. I am glad to hear about your experience, cooking for others is a great thing.

dmprantz
04-10-2008, 10:22 PM
When's the graduation? Need some help there?

dmp

BBQ Grail
04-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Sounds like fun.

Midnight Smoke
04-11-2008, 12:45 AM
You should feel honored, they must know how good your BBQ is.

motley que
04-11-2008, 02:04 PM
uh u still have my drum which i am ready to reclaim..i do have your expanded metal though

Ashmont
04-11-2008, 02:16 PM
uh u still have my drum which i am ready to reclaim..i do have your expanded metal though

We have become soo attached! Anytime you want to pick up. Truck is in the shop. I hope to get it back today. Ah the power of the Brethren. I am glad I could be of help. Someone else was less than thrilled. I want to cook this weekend you game? Let me look at the calendar and see whats rockin

DaChief
04-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Didn't see you in the cyber bar?????? Maybe tonight?

motley que
04-11-2008, 10:39 PM
keep the drum...put it to good use

jestridge
04-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Working for in the school system i get a lot of opportunity to BBQ.

big brother smoke
04-12-2008, 12:23 PM
This is exactly how it all starts!

backporchbbq
04-12-2008, 02:07 PM
CONGRATS!!! That is something I want to start doing once I get my smoker and give it a practice run. I am an EMT and my other EMT paramedic friends want me to cater for them, of course they would pay. I am kinda nervous about it, my family and I love my Q, but that is a lot of pressure. Good luck let us know how it goes.

BBQPrincess
04-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Hey there, Ashmont ;^) Congrats and let us see some pictures of this cook; we know it will be great; enjoy! Bet your sidekick will be right there helping, too.

Ashmont
04-12-2008, 03:45 PM
CONGRATS!!! That is something I want to start doing once I get my smoker and give it a practice run. I am an EMT and my other EMT paramedic friends want me to cater for them, of course they would pay. I am kinda nervous about it, my family and I love my Q, but that is a lot of pressure. Good luck let us know how it goes.

Backporch,
I am EMT Paramedic 16years.... Hmm thats kinda weird... I have had some great help the last few years. I have planned and executed 3 BBQ contests. Planned and cooked several cooks for the homeless. Last Jan it was 1300 lbs of Pork with the help of some Brethren and other great comp cooks. I am sure this wont be too bad. You know the pressures of being an EMT (A type Personality decision maker mod).

Having been deployed to Hurricane Wilma, Katrina, Rita for two weeks at a time this will be easier. Here is me far left at Rita...(Port Arthur TX.) Can you figure out what job I had? Our Logistics person and local church found this for me! I cooked every meal on it with the exceptional MRE's that people ate. (Not voluntarily)... I say you go for it!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Ashmont_/9b4cd87f.jpg