PDA

View Full Version : PitMinder or DigiQ for WSM????

Wi-Doe-Maker
04-09-2008, 05:06 AM
I've been reading posts on TVWB and I'm still uncertain on which unit to buy...I have a WSM and only do backyard cooks...which is the better unit for my use, PitMinder or DigiQ?? Also which fan..4cf or 10 cf?? Advise is really appreciated as usual!!! Thank You....Wi-Doe

Smokin Gator
04-09-2008, 06:30 AM
I've been reading posts on TVWB and I'm still uncertain on which unit to buy...I have a WSM and only do backyard cooks...which is the better unit for my use, PitMinder or DigiQ?? Also which fan..4cf or 10 cf?? Advise is really appreciated as usual!!! Thank You....Wi-Doe

I haven't used either one but have used the Stoker. It worked great. The four CFM fan will be fine.

MilitantSquatter
04-09-2008, 06:37 AM
If you are just looking for basic temp control, the pit minder will be fine. The Digi Q is basically an electronic pit minder with a few added features that you may or not need (ramp up etc).

Personally, what I like about the Digi Q best is the bright LED display that allows you to see the temp the pit is running at from a distance as compared to a dial.

A 4CFM fan should be fine for a WSM.

White Dog BBQ
04-09-2008, 08:17 PM
I run a Digi-Q with a 10 CFM fan on WSM. Personally, I'd go for the 10 CFM fan -- it's nice to have a little extra horsepower when you need it. I like the extra features of the Digi-Q.

Rookie'48
04-09-2008, 09:07 PM
I went with the DigiQ & 10 cfm fan mainly because the 10 cfm will handle larger cookers in the future. All I have to do is buy the right adapter & I'm set (cheap farker mod).