PDA

View Full Version : UDS Liner burn out?

Kevin Garceau
04-08-2008, 06:01 PM
OK I located 2 fairly new 55 gallon drums that originally had corn syrup in them. They are very local and very cheap with removable tops.

However he said it has some type of liner in them so its not straight metal inside. Shouldnt be an issue to get them and get a big ol fire burning in there to burn them out should it?

I know it sounds kinda vague, but he wasnt sure exactly what was inside, wether it was a paint, some type of epoxy etc....

thanks.

Bbq Bubba
04-08-2008, 06:12 PM
A good burn should do it. Have not come across a drum with a "liner" yet but others who have will chime in! :wink:

Kevin Garceau
04-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Well he really didnt know what to call it, he called it a liner - when I hear liner I think of something like plastic, plastic bag or something. He said it was a paint/epoxy of some sort.

jgh1204
04-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Read my first few posts on the UDS thread. I had fun burning out that liner.

h20loo
04-08-2008, 06:22 PM
take your jacknife and scrape the inside. The coating you get on your knife is what is refered to as a liner and needs to be removed before you cook on it. Burning is the most fun but carries some risk if you, or anyone you like, inhals the fumes. You can grind it, sand blast it or what ever but you will still need to give it a final burn.

JP
04-08-2008, 10:03 PM
My barrel had cookie dough in it and the can had a tan color to it. Is you liner tan? Well anyways a nice hot fire took it out and what didn't immediately come off I took off with the weed burner.

armor
04-08-2008, 10:08 PM
sand blasted mine

capri man
04-09-2008, 01:23 AM
take your jacknife and scrape the inside. The coating you get on your knife is what is refered to as a liner and needs to be removed before you cook on it. Burning is the most fun but carries some risk if you, or anyone you like, inhals the fumes. You can grind it, sand blast it or what ever but you will still need to give it a final burn.

kevin is not allowed to carry a jacknife or a sharp pencil!!!!:-P:-P

Kevin Garceau
04-09-2008, 06:37 AM
I moved up from crayons to sharpies!

Mark
04-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Well he really didnt know what to call it, he called it a liner - when I hear liner I think of something like plastic, plastic bag or something. He said it was a paint/epoxy of some sort.

Yup; epoxy paint to be exact. Needs to be burnt out.

Divemaster
04-09-2008, 11:07 AM
A good burn should do it. Have not come across a drum with a "liner" yet but others who have will chime in! :wink:
Listen to the "UDS Factory Rep.", he knows what he's talking about!

(Damn that hurt... I hate having to agree with Bubba!)