PDA

View Full Version : Best theft insurance for a smoker/bbq trailer

CaptGrumpy
03-22-2008, 05:13 PM
I figured to put this out there for you guys that have your trailers parked where they could always be removed without your permission.
This is the best insurance to protect that well seasoned investment on wheels.
Please remember that locks are only designed to keep honest people honest.
http://lojack.com/
These really work well and law enforcement uses them to track your stolen property and make a bust to boot. They will even transmit from inside a storage unit so there is no hiding from the law.
I don't work for lo-jack and am not affiliated in any way. i just think we need to keep an eye on our gear when we are not around or asleep. I have one on my boat & trailer.

qman
03-22-2008, 05:44 PM
What do you use for a power source on a small trailer like the SW unit?

CaptGrumpy
03-22-2008, 09:05 PM
LoJack is a self contained unit and needs no power source. Call LoJack at 1 (800) 456-5225 for more info and how to go about getting the service.
This last time I saw a price it was about $600 but that is chump change when it comes down to your insurance deductable and the time it takes to process an insurance claim and then the time it takes to fabricate a replacement. If you cater that could be many thousands of dollars lost due to some chump wantin' to rip you off. I think it worth every penny.