PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday Folks...What's Cookin'

JD McGee
03-14-2008, 11:39 AM
My usual Friday Night Steak fare...not sure what cut we'll be having yet...probably whatever's on sale. Sunday I need to smoke some more cheese before the weather turns too hot. Have a great weekend! :-P

Harbormaster
03-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Well it's payday so one way or another something is getting cooked this weekend.
Gonna try my hand at chicken to see if I can get bite through skin, and also gonna fire up the Brinkman offset to do some ribs.
Supposed to get my bonus check today. May need to order/buy some stuff I've been doing without. (rib racks, ABT racks, etc...)

N8man
03-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Local Food Lion has Pork Shoulder on sale for $.99 a pound, also gonna get a 5 lb. German Bologna Chub.

big brother smoke
03-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Waiting on one of you guys to inspire me, stay tuned!

CrackerJack from KC
03-14-2008, 12:06 PM
I never cooked Pig Candy before, so I plan on cooking it with something else, might do some italian sausage or something else with it..........maybe I could wrap pig candy around italian sausage........mmmmm, I just made myself hungry.

BobBrisket
03-14-2008, 12:10 PM
I think Jack inspired me.............I've never made pig candy. Might toss some in the kettle tomorrow along with the yardbird.

BBQ_MAFIA
03-14-2008, 12:21 PM
I have a few racks of Baby backs that will go on the cooker.

Ashmont
03-14-2008, 12:26 PM
So that will be 600lbs of cod (Baked and fried),300 serving of Rasberry Chipotle Samon 1000 servings of Corn Bread, 20 Gallons of lemonade 20 Gallons of Tea, 5 Gallons coffee. Don't measure soda outta dispenser. Pan after pan of baked beans (No bacon recipe), Corn, green beans, Coleslaw, Mac n Cheese, close to 1000 desserts, and 40 Cheese pizzas. Whew glad I started last night making the cornbread an some desserts. Have fun this weekend everyone!

Crüe-B-Cüe
03-14-2008, 12:47 PM
I pickup up a couple racks of spares. Sam's now has a different supplier. They now say brisket bone off spares and the price went up. I also picked up another flat. I have had real trouble with briskets lately, but I'm not giving up. I may have to go back to the searing method. Maybe Wyatt can give me some pointers. I wanted to do a practice ham this weekend, but may not have the time.

Divemaster
03-14-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm doing some mini armadillo eggs with Motz, Red, and Jalapino peppers to bring down to my sisters and Dino bones for dinner on Saturday night...

I never cooked Pig Candy before, so I plan on cooking it with something else, might do some italian sausage or something else with it..........maybe I could wrap pig candy around italian sausage........mmmmm, I just made myself hungry.

I think Jack inspired me.............I've never made pig candy. Might toss some in the kettle tomorrow along with the yardbird.
On Sunday, I'm leaning towards steak... Maybe make some Hawian BBQ Candy... (pig candy from spam!!!! This stuff is great!!!)

tjus77
03-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Cooked yesterday for the weekend. Our rodeo committee is having an appreciation party on Sunday (and since i'm working Sat at the rodeo, cooked yesterday). 2 slabs of ribs and pork butt for us at home. 3 Briskets and pork butt for the party. 2 fatties also for fun.

Going to make some broth from the bones and make cajun rice (rice dressing) tomorrow.

pat
03-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Gonna try the old store bought corned beef/pastrami thing on Saturday. Gonna make them ahead of time for Monday due to a lot of rain in the forecast for Sunday and Monday :mad:

kickassbbq
03-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Twice Smoked Potatoes!!!!!
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JD McGee
03-14-2008, 02:14 PM
So that will be 600lbs of cod (Baked and fried),300 serving of Rasberry Chipotle Samon 1000 servings of Corn Bread, 20 Gallons of lemonade 20 Gallons of Tea, 5 Gallons coffee. Don't measure soda outta dispenser. Pan after pan of baked beans (No bacon recipe), Corn, green beans, Coleslaw, Mac n Cheese, close to 1000 desserts, and 40 Cheese pizzas. Whew glad I started last night making the cornbread an some desserts. Have fun this weekend everyone!

Holy Fark...:eek::eek::eek:

Ashmont
03-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Holy Fark...:eek::eek::eek:

Yup I usually get that reaction. People who know me know when I cook at the church its NEVER Small.

kickassbbq
03-14-2008, 03:29 PM
What's cooking today???????????
Well, let's see. It's been a really rough week, so I think I am going to COOK MY BRAIN with Whiskey in about another hour or so.
If you guys have ANYTHING important to tell me, you had better say it soon.
I will not be in any condition to respond within the hour!!!
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BruceB
03-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Two chuck roasts tomorrow and then the corned beef to pastrami cook on Sunday.

K I N G P I N
03-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Gonna do some spares and pastrami my eye round CB for Monday. My buddy said he might bring over 2 CB flats for me to smoke for our Monday Night Football in his garage.

I know football is over, we just keep doing it, a lot of shots and busting each others ballies.

Might do a fatty, don't know yet.

DaChief
03-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Grandkids here for spring break so not much time tonight. Gonna grill some big ole burgers outta some nice chuck I just picked up. Not sure whats on yet for the rest of the weekend.

Smokin Gator
03-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Tonight it is BGE pizza, tomorrow I am judging a comp to no smoking here, and then on Sunday it will be a PR (Thanks to Da Chief for letting me know about the sale at Publix).

Harmening
03-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Gonna try the old store bought corned beef/pastrami thing on Saturday. Gonna make them ahead of time for Monday due to a lot of rain in the forecast for Sunday and Monday :mad:

At least your's calls for rain. We're supposed to get more SNOW up here in Spencer. Sucks.

icemn62
03-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Nothing is jumping out at me right now, but who knowws what inspiration I get while walking down the meat aisle in the store. If nothing else, I will do a Beer Can Chicken and cook up some thighs.

pat
03-14-2008, 05:29 PM
At least your's calls for rain. We're supposed to get more SNOW up here in Spencer. Sucks.

All in good time brother. Nothing wrong with smokin in the snow!! :biggrin:

pat
03-14-2008, 05:32 PM
I know football is over, we just keep doing it, a lot of shots and busting each others ballies.

:-D:mrgreen: I have been doing the same thing! We still drink beer every Monday. Gotta stay ready you know?

Azinine
03-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Nothing cooking today but I bought a whole beef tenderloin today for my Sunday birthday dinner with the family. First time I've done this and I'm really excited about cutting my own filets! Gonna do 'em on the cast iron skillet... put a good sear on each side and then into the oven until 135°. Then I'm gonna make a red wine sauce with the leftover drippings. Should be money...

jestridge
03-14-2008, 06:11 PM
2 spares, 1 fattie, bolonga, 1 butt

Captain Caveman
03-14-2008, 06:12 PM
12 thighs, to come off @ 12:00
3 racks of spares to come off @ 12:30
2 pork butts to come off @1:00
1 brisket to come off @ 1:30
:biggrin:

Ron_L
03-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Pulled pork from the freezer for tonight, corned beef, cabbage, etc. for tomorrow (I'm out of town on Monday) and maybe a prime rib on Sunday. A local grocery store has rib roasts for $5.99/lb so if they look good I'm buying at least one.

jacob
03-14-2008, 07:01 PM
:sad::sad::sad::sad: nuff said :roll:

tkuehn5410
03-14-2008, 07:52 PM
I got elk fajitas on the cooker for tonight and tomorrow I am thinking something with wild hog or a beef tenderloin.

Harmening
03-15-2008, 08:13 AM
Nothing cooking today but I bought a whole beef tenderloin today for my Sunday birthday dinner with the family. First time I've done this and I'm really excited about cutting my own filets! Gonna do 'em on the cast iron skillet... put a good sear on each side and then into the oven until 135°. Then I'm gonna make a red wine sauce with the leftover drippings. Should be money...

Tough to beat a beef tenderloin. Just wish I could find one for a decent price around here.