PDA

View Full Version : So Cal Ribs

icemn62
03-10-2008, 10:11 AM
I was just told the Stater Bros is having a sale and Pork Ribs are on sale until Tuesday @ 0.99 per pound.

Norcoredneck
03-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Did you see the Kingsford on sale also. Not a screaming bargain, but still cheaper. Too bad I have 1000+lbs. of Rancher.

Bigmista
03-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Sounds like I need to go shopping at Stater Bros and Pat's.

Arlin_MacRae
03-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Buy some for me, Neil! lol

Brian in So Cal
03-10-2008, 11:57 AM
The Stater bros ribs are on sale until Tuesday for .99 a pound. My only concern was that they are marked previously frozen. I would buy some for use right away, but wasn't sure about refreezing them.

Does anyone have any opinion if you can refreeze ribs that were frozen before? I would like to stock up if I could.

Brian in So Cal
03-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Well just got back from Stater Bros. Butcher told me I could not refreeze ribs. Bummer

Bentley
03-10-2008, 02:57 PM
How do they look? How do they compare with other racks of spares, half the price of RD or Costco, if they are not to bad might have to do some for PC at Wishland!

Brian in So Cal
03-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Bentley, I did not look that close since I would not have time to smoke and save before they would go bad. I will go by there again tomorrow and take a closer look and call you.

scott millman
03-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Bentley, do we even have a Stater Brothers around us?.....only one I know of is near my work in Santa fe Springs....but after what Brian said, doubt its worth worrying about unless cookin right away

Brian in So Cal
03-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Bentley, do we even have a Stater Brothers around us?.....only one I know of is near my work in Santa fe Springs....but after what Brian said, doubt its worth worrying about unless cookin right away

Scoot, I am lucky, There is a Stater Bros about 3 miles from my house.

Norcoredneck
03-10-2008, 09:45 PM
If you buddy up to the butcher he might sell you some frozen .During the summer I got a case that were cryo vac'd and pull from frezer as needed.

Brian in So Cal
03-10-2008, 09:49 PM
If you buddy up to the butcher he might sell you some frozen .During the summer I got a case that were cryo vac'd and pull from frezer as needed.

Cool, I know all the butchers there. Iam going to try that.
Thanks

CaptGrumpy
03-11-2008, 01:02 AM
I never buy pork ribs that are not cryo vac packed and usually they are Farmer John brand. Always ask the butcher in back to buy the still in the pack.

ThomEmery
03-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Staters sells the heck outof Framer John Ribs

Biggun
03-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Well, like most "butchers" yours doesn't know what he's talking about, Brian.:mad: As long as meat has been thawed safely, and kept cold, it can be refrozen. Multiple refreezings will affect quality (not safety) but if they have been frozen once, bet you dollars to donuts you wouldn't be able to tell the difference of a second freeze.:biggrin:

Biggun
03-11-2008, 12:31 PM
This is the link I was looking for from someone's earlier post :http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fact_Sheets/Focus_On_Freezing/index.asp Has a lot of freezing info.

(My first copy and paste link:icon_blush:)

Bigmista
03-11-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm so proud of you Biggun.

Bentley
03-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Well, like most "butchers" yours doesn't know what he's talking about, Brian.:mad: As long as meat has been thawed safely, and kept cold, it can be refrozen. Multiple refreezings will affect quality (not safety) but if they have been frozen once, bet you dollars to donuts you wouldn't be able to tell the difference of a second freeze.:biggrin:

I knew I was fricken right!

Brian in So Cal
03-11-2008, 05:56 PM

Wish, I would have known that earlier. Went back today and all they have are some crappy looking racks left. He would not give me a raincheck unless I bought those leftover racks.

Going to go back later this evening and hope they are sold and then they have to give me a raincheck.:-D

Brian in So Cal
03-11-2008, 05:57 PM
This is the link I was looking for from someone's earlier post :http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fact_Sheets/Focus_On_Freezing/index.asp Has a lot of freezing info.

(My first copy and paste link:icon_blush:)

Just put that link under my favorites.

Brian in So Cal
03-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Bentley, If I can get a rain check how many pounds do you need?