PDA

View Full Version : KCBS Good News

Merl
02-11-2008, 04:16 PM
There is good new from the Board Room. We just completed a two day Board Retreat. The purpose was to conduct our monthly business but more importantly to set our goals, determine needs and developed plans.

For 2008 the assignments are as follows:
President: Mike Lake
Vice President Rod Gray
Treasurer Wayne Lohman
Secretary Merl Whitebook

Committees
Certified BBQ Judges Ed Roith
Contest Reps Carol Whitebook
Education Paul Kirk
Finance Wayne Lohman
Marketing Troy Black
Membership Steve Ownby
New Ideas and Nominating Merl Whitebook
Research and Development Linda Mullane
Rules Rod Gray
Sanctioning Tana Shupe
Technology Don Harwell

I think we have set a lot of ambitious goals. I think you will see a website with even more information and services. I think you see an effort to bring KCBS to your state. I think you see an atmosphere of customer service.

Now before you fall over laughing, there are 12 good people who are committed to this. Despite our difference, we are committed to our jobs and our position to serve our organization and our members.

If you have skills which would help one of the Board Committees, you might want to contact the Board Member and offer up your service.

Yours in Q
Merl Whitebook

HoDeDo
02-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Let's hear those ambitious goals! So much doom and gloom lately, It would be nice to hear some good things at this point :)

The_Kapn
02-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Merl,

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIM

Kevin
02-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Thank you Merl. Great to here good news.

ThomEmery
02-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Glad to see you posting up with goodnews

Jeff_in_KC
02-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Agreed! good news. But tell us what those goals are.

Troy is Marketing committee? How interesting is that?

ILikeBBQ
02-11-2008, 09:01 PM
He's BEEN the Marketing Committee....you'd have thought they would have elected someone else in that position and some other positions to mix it up a bit.

MilitantSquatter
02-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Welcome to the group I Like BBQ ..

When you get a moment, please stop into the Cattle Call to introduce yourself so we get to know ya a bit !!

ThomEmery
02-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Welcome to the group I Like BBQ ..

When you get a moment, please stop into the Cattle Call to introduce yourself so we get to know ya a bit !!

Ditto

CharlieBeasley
02-12-2008, 07:13 AM
Merl Thanks for the good news and looking forward to the interchange and growth. Keep us posted!

LindaM
02-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Hi All,

R&D is planning some aggressive goals this year.

To start we are going to try and expand the Competitor Series with more events and rules.

We would also like to see the membership streamlined especially those who are registered in a CBJ class. Our goal is a 30 day turn around.

If anyone has anything they would like to see us look into let me know.

Linda Mullane

parrothead
02-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Thank you for the update!

paydabill
02-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the update - also thanks for taking your personal time to do this for all of us who compete in KCBS events!

Just Smokin' Around
02-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Linda, Thanks!!! You and Jerry are great reps here on the east coast and we truly appreciate it. I'm not sure what R&D's role is for the KCBS. Could you enlighten us a little? That might make it easier to offer suggestions.

HoDeDo
02-12-2008, 10:00 PM
Hi All,

R&D is planning some aggressive goals this year.

To start we are going to try and expand the Competitor Series with more events and rules.

We would also like to see the membership streamlined especially those who are registered in a CBJ class. Our goal is a 30 day turn around.

If anyone has anything they would like to see us look into let me know.

Linda Mullane

Agressive goals indeed! I would like to see more competitor series events - the LP Que was a great time last year. And a 30 day turn around would be great! Thanks for the update Linda.

BBQchef33
02-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Linda, Thanks!!! You and Jerry are great reps here on the east coast and we truly appreciate it. I'm not sure what R&D's role is for the KCBS. Could you enlighten us a little? That might make it easier to offer suggestions.

I'll give this a shot till Linda comes back.

Linda is committee chair for Research and development, and Merl Whitebrook is committee Chair for "New Ideas"..

From the way I understood, the 2 committees work hand in hand where 'new ideas committe' proposes "New Ideas", and R&D committee figures out if it will work and how to implement it. R&D can also comes up with new stuff and runs it by Merl.

I'm sure theres more to it but I think thats the abbreviated version.

(As of this month, I'm on both of them too... so speak up!! ) :mrgreen:

Carol
02-12-2008, 11:31 PM
There are many goals which we discussed over the weekend. I am happy to be appointed as the Rep Committee Chairperson. I hope that we will coninue the excellent work of of Phil Morrow and Bunny Tuttle.

We hope to have a Rep Training Model in place by Spring. We hope to establish Continuing Rep Training this year. But of the greatest importance we hope to make the terms "Contest Rep" synonymous with "Customer Service."

If there is anything I can do for you do not hesitate to e-mail or contact me. If you see good things, let me know. If you have a problem please lets resolve it before it becomes a major issue.

I look forward to being of service and am flattered to be able to serve you as a member of the Board of Directors of KCBS (about:blank#).
Thank you for your confidence in me.
Carol <><
cwhitebook at kcbs.us

Papa Hogg
02-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Was a decicision made regarding moving either the Zoo-B-Que or the Big Pig Gig so that there are not 2 events less than 50 miles from each other on the same weekend vying for the same pool of cooks?

Thanks for the update...

Bride of Roo(BQ'n)
02-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Papa Hog...I was sitting in the meeting last weeked and Mike Lake took the action to talk to the two organizers to figure out a solution. No action was taken beyond that ....except that all the BOD acknowledged that this is going to be growing situation as more contests are sanctioned. Hope that helps, and mods sorry if you only wanted BOD to answer questions here...

Papa Hogg
02-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the info Char...

Merl
02-13-2008, 04:19 PM
The Board of Directors meetings are generally held on the second wednesday of each month. Some meeting dates may be changed to accomodate planning conferences or training retreats. The agenda is prepared and posted (you may request a copy from the kcbs office) 48 hours prior to the board meeting.

The dates are:
2008 Board Meeting Schedule
March 12, 2008
April 9, 2008
May 14, 2008
June 11, 2008
July 9, 2008
August 13, 2008
September 10, 2008
October 2, 2008 (Thursday, in conjunction with Royal)
November 12, 2008
December 10, 2008

scottyd
02-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Agreed! good news. But tell us what those goals are.

Troy is Marketing committee? How interesting is that?

Just seems to fit don't it. not that there is anything wrong with that. It just seems to fit.