PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Steak Company

BBQ_MAFIA
01-15-2008, 11:58 AM
On Saturday I got a call from an older relative who says,
I got a few steaks as a gift. If you will cook them, I'll bring them over on Sunday so we can all eat.

So on Sunday she brought over 3 boxes of steaks from the
Kansas City Steak Company. (1 box of Rib Eyes, 1 Box of Filet Mingnon, and 1 Box or Sirlions).

Needless to say we all ate and drank well.

WineMaster
01-15-2008, 12:07 PM
On Saturday I got a call from an older relative who says,
I got a few steaks as a gift. If you will cook them, I'll bring them over on Sunday so we can all eat.

So on Sunday she brought over 3 boxes of steaks from the
Kansas City Steak Company. (1 box of Rib Eyes, 1 Box of Filet Mingnon, and 1 Box or Sirlions).

Needless to say we all ate and drank well.

Free meat is always fun. How would you rate the Cuts. I have never had any thing from a Steak Co that Ultra impressed me but on the otherhand, I have never had a Bad Steak from one either. Omaha and other steak companies seem to be good with being OK. What are your thoughts.

Norcoredneck
01-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Don't believe you without Pics. :biggrin:

Leeper
01-15-2008, 01:05 PM
I was given a cert to use with them as a gift, not one to turn down free beef I tried a couple of their prime rib eyes and some prime sirloins. The beef was OK but not world class and sure not worth the price if I would have paid from my own pocket.

gotwood
01-15-2008, 01:31 PM
My Opinion.....
Mail Order Steaks are only good for Large Corporations, who dont have the time and have lots of money to throw away, to send to their client...
The cost of these does not match the quality

Bbq Bubba
01-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Don't believe you without Pics. :biggrin:

Ditto!!! :rolleyes:

BBQ_MAFIA
01-15-2008, 03:21 PM
I agree with you guys.
The meat is OK....but certainly not worth the retail price.
The steaks were give to my elderly Aunt from an investment banker that she used to baby sit for.

My aunt is not a big eater so she gave the steaks to me. Even though I wouldn't pay for them, I wasn't going to turn them away.

Over all, we had agreat meal.

I was given a cert to use with them as a gift, not one to turn down free beef I tried a couple of their prime rib eyes and some prime sirloins. The beef was OK but not world class and sure not worth the price if I would have paid from my own pocket.

My Opinion.....
Mail Order Steaks are only good for Large Corporations, who dont have the time and have lots of money to throw away, to send to their client...
The cost of these does not match the quality

Free meat is always fun. How would you rate the Cuts. I have never had any thing from a Steak Co that Ultra impressed me but on the otherhand, I have never had a Bad Steak from one either. Omaha and other steak companies seem to be good with being OK. What are your thoughts.

Ernie3
01-15-2008, 04:06 PM
I just got a surprise delivery from Omaha Steaks today, as a gift from a relative. In the cooler with dry ice were:

Filet Mignon
Burgers
Stuffed Fillet of sole
Stuffed Baked potatos

It all looks pretty good..(especially for free) I will let you know how it is after we try some of it. Hopefully tommorow.:-D

hnd
01-15-2008, 04:27 PM
for 25-30 bucks a lb, if you look hard enough and live in a bigger area, prime meat much better than kcsc can be had for aroudn teh same price...

i've had both them and omaha and prefer omaha but i prefer buying my prime meat locally...

gotwood
01-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Find a good butcher and you can get some choice angus steaks with better marbling/flavor for much cheaper price

Kevin
01-15-2008, 05:10 PM
I agree with all of the above. Quality is acceptable, not great. The individually frozen cryopacs used to be a real convenience when cooking for one or two coming home after closing the bar. Now I've got my own vaccusuck for the individual freezing, and I haven't closed a bar in many years!