PDA

View Full Version : Knife Geeks

cmcadams
01-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Calling all knife geeks...

if you haven't seen this week's Good Eats, get to your Food Network and watch it!

AB is doing all things knife related. Great show! It's called "American Slicer"

Brian in So Cal
01-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Calling all knife geeks...

It's called "American Slicer"

Isn't that OJ? OOPs Sorry. I couldn't help myself.

ZBQ
01-12-2008, 04:10 AM
Isn't that OJ? OOPs Sorry. I couldn't help myself.

Now THAT'S funny!:lol:

Looks like I missed it.:sad:

Just scrolled all the way through Monday and didn't see it.

Spydermike72
01-12-2008, 05:47 AM
Hey ZBQ, I just noticed your avatar... Did you happen to loose a bet ? And for how long do you have to have that up there ?? :mrgreen:

Now THAT'S funny!:lol:

Looks like I missed it.:sad:

Just scrolled all the way through Monday and didn't see it.

Don Marco
01-12-2008, 06:29 AM
Damnit :x

IŽd give my left nut to be able to see good eats over here.

There used to be a site where all episodes were available as torrent download, but its offline for half a year now. :sad:

I just know the older episode where AB suggests to bring the knifes to a professional sharpener every now and then.

Does he give sharpening instructions in the new episode ?

DM

cmcadams
01-12-2008, 07:03 AM
No, the new episode, and it was marked at 2008, talked about the parts of knives and mostly how to make different cuts correctly. He showed different knives a bit, but all the ones he cut with were Shuns of different types, though he never pointed that out.

Bigmista
01-12-2008, 09:54 AM
You can see some good eats episodes here:

http://joox.net/cat/1079

Edit: Crsp! That one isn't working now either! Damned networks!!

ZBQ
01-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Hey ZBQ, I just noticed your avatar... Did you happen to loose a bet ? And for how long do you have to have that up there ?? :mrgreen:

Yep, sure did lose a bet.:oops::cry:

Gotta keep it up there till Feb 7th.

But hey, a bet's a bet and I will honor my end of the deal.

jtfisher63
01-12-2008, 12:14 PM
I just know the older episode where AB suggests to bring the knifes to a professional sharpener every now and then.

DM

This was in the tomato sauce show.

I think there is going to an explosion of knife skills type of media coming out soon. I just recently starting looking into learning some proper knife techiques and saw on Amazon quite a few books that are going to be coming out this spring about it. They mostly seemed geared towards foodies that haven't had any real training in cooking and knife work. I'm glad to see that these types of books are coming out because I can use them! There are also a decent amount of how to type of videos on youtube.