PDA

View Full Version : Long time no cook....

SmokeWatcher
01-10-2008, 06:25 PM
It's been weeks (or at least feels like weeks) since I've been able to cook outdoors due to all the weekend rains, or something else going on. I've got the itch bad, and this weekend is suppose to be clear, so I took out a whole chicken, a couple fatties, a pork shoulder and some hot links to get me thru this weekend.

I swear I'm going thru withdraws!!!!! :sad:

swamprb
01-10-2008, 06:28 PM
I know how you feel! When I get that way my first chance to cook is a Marathon! Better grab some more goodies!

DaChief
01-11-2008, 06:45 AM
I agree...that isn't near enough meat for as long as you've been away!

kickassbbq
01-11-2008, 06:52 AM
I have never let the weather stop me. I can't go that long without food!!!!
I just get wet and SMOKE anyway!!!!!
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Divemaster
01-11-2008, 08:50 AM
I have never let the weather stop me. I can't go that long without food!!!!
I just get wet and SMOKE anyway!!!!!
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree!!! I've posted photos of where I had to shovel a path through the snot to get to the smoker!

D.F. Expat
01-11-2008, 08:53 AM
u should bring your uds over here, I am breaking in my new uds this weekend, 1 pork butt, 2 racks spares, 1 brisket, 1 turkey boob, 1 whole fryer, 2 fatties and about 60 abt's lol.

we'll smoke u
01-11-2008, 02:26 PM
I think cooking all of that is your only fix maybe toss in a few ABT's to. LOL

D.F. Expat
01-11-2008, 03:23 PM
got that handled chief! ribs are on and abt's about to go on, will post pics in a new thread.

jestridge
01-11-2008, 09:45 PM
i am trying to lay off until spring. but don't think I will be able to make it. BBQ is habit forming.

SmokeWatcher
01-12-2008, 01:05 PM
After some last minute mods to the drum I finally got her loaded up. I shortened her nipples to about 3" (and she didn't even whimper) and cut a small notch in her lip for the probe wires. That allowed me to lower the charcoal basket more than an inch so I could use the lower food grate, making head room for the chicken and his throne. Pics to follow.

blues_n_cues
01-12-2008, 01:19 PM
i know the feeling too.i'm lucky if i can go 7 days without the thin blue....

SmokeWatcher
01-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Each and every weekend....that's my motto!

SmokeWatcher
01-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Here's the pics of today's efforts...

The notch I cut for the probe wires (little fuzzy). Works pretty well, no pinching allowed (except by the wifey.)

The shoulder and beer-can chicken. That is a half-onion stuffed into his neck hole. I also had a small can of baked beans I opened and placed on the grate with all the other goodies.

We got fatties...

Pulled chicken (thanx to Don Marco's thread: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32305 )...

Pulled pork (with my gallon jug of Carolina Red)...

Hot links with mustard, shredded cheese and wrapped with whole-wheat flour tortillas (health mod). They were delicious!

Norcoredneck
01-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Like riding a bike! looking good brother.

Kevin
01-12-2008, 10:02 PM
I understand that feeling of not being able to cook. My work schedule is heavy lately. I miss cooking a lot. Bought a biscuit chitter that I hope to install in the garage with a vent hood to satisfy my winter cooking. A lot of work to be done to make this happen. We'll see.