PDA

View Full Version : What the H@## is up with Traeger???

Bossmanbbq
01-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Have a friend who is a distributor for traeger and heard that they have made some major changes to there distributors and region reps as well. The region rep where the distributors here in Colorado would get there supplies and smokers was informed that starting this month he was being replaced by new regional reps picked by traeger. Long and short of it all the distributors here now have to get there merchandise from the New Traeger region rep in Hays Kansas.
Ive noticed that Traeger is trying to main stream there products more which is fine because costs will eventually go down, my concern is the lack of quality I've been seeing in the new units coming out. For instance reports of people buying new 75 and the cooker door warping from the heat and having to be re-bent or replaced.
I've always been happy with my Traeger, but with all the stuff there pulling with distributors and how there doing buisness, it will probably be my last, dont even use there pellets anymore, BBQ Delight is a better product and more reasonably priced. Sorry for the rant, just hate to see people being screwed.

Divemaster
01-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Wow... I'll scratch that one off of my list for 'Big Bubba'... Thanks for the heads up!!!

Dale P
01-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Thats one of the great things bout this site. Brothers in Q keeping us informed.

WineMaster
01-10-2008, 02:08 PM
They do make a good product but you hate to see things go south.

All companies do have to go through change though.

Barbarian
01-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Hey Bossmanbbq,
Check out this website http://www.bbqwoodpellets.com/
then give them a call, I used them for several years now no complaints. They used to have prices and on on the web but don't now so I emailed them and the reply was;
Jerry Stark

We have discontinued selling directly from the web site. You can order by phone or email. The prices now are $24.00 for a 40 lb. bag and $12.50 for a 20 lb. bag, plus UPS charges to your location. You can pay with Visa, MC or PayPal. We are temporally out of cherry. Please allow 10 days for delivery.

Weldon Epp

River City Smokehouse
01-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Buy the pellets directly from Fast Eddy. I think the price is better.

kickassbbq
01-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Stick Burners Rule!!!!!
Sorry, I freaked out. I'm back now.
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MountainMan
01-11-2008, 12:02 PM
In doing my research I gave up on Trager.......

I'll wait for this one
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32394&highlight=fast+eddy+grill

qman
01-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Hey Bossmanbbq,
Check out this website http://www.bbqwoodpellets.com/
then give them a call, I used them for several years now no complaints. They used to have prices and on on the web but don't now so I emailed them and the reply was;
Jerry Stark

We have discontinued selling directly from the web site. You can order by phone or email. The prices now are $24.00 for a 40 lb. bag and $12.50 for a 20 lb. bag, plus UPS charges to your location. You can pay with Visa, MC or PayPal. We are temporally out of cherry. Please allow 10 days for delivery.

Weldon Epp

Thanks for the info, Barbarian. I was buying from these guys too, but not too often. When I tried emailing them or calling, I never got an answer. Glad they are communicating again. I had given their web-site to a few of the guys around here who use pellets, and we were thinking of making a bulk buy.
Maybe we will try again.

I do like their product.

River City Smokehouse
01-11-2008, 12:37 PM
In doing my research I gave up on Trager.......

I'll wait for this one
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32394&highlight=fast+eddy+grill
Smart man!

HoDeDo
01-12-2008, 01:19 AM
I believe he had both parents die in a short period... and then he had trouble getting the scrap/dust needed to make some of the flavors. (he does 100% cherry or a blend. Most, if not all others do a blend only)

The BBQ delight product uses oak for the blend, vs. ash or some other wood... so they burn efficiently, and have plenty of smoke. The BBQ Delight also have the highest amount of flavorwood in their blends.

I used their product alot last season.

Thanks for the info, Barbarian. I was buying from these guys too, but not too often. When I tried emailing them or calling, I never got an answer. Glad they are communicating again. I had given their web-site to a few of the guys around here who use pellets, and we were thinking of making a bulk buy.
Maybe we will try again.

I do like their product.

qman
01-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks, Andy

That does explain it. Tough year for him.

Bossmanbbq
01-12-2008, 09:52 AM
I've been buying BBQ'ers Delight now for the last couple of years. I get in on a group buy with the Rocky Mountain BBQ Association where we order a few tons at a time. It works out real well this way.
Just frustrated with Traeger ruining a good thing and pissing on everyone in an attempt to make more $$.
The one good thing to come out of this is it made me mad enough that my brother in law and I have designed what we would want in a smoker and are currently working on building our own on a 12ft trailer:-D I'll keep you all updated as we go, its going to be fun, but a long process. No way in hell will I pay $12,000 for traeger's commercial smoker!