PDA

View Full Version : Egger question

thillin
01-09-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm thinking of adding another egg to go along with the large I have. I'm trying to decide on which size to add. Any suggestions?

FatDaddy
01-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Another Large !!! and send me the Klose..

Ron_L
01-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Buy a large and an extra large and then send me the one you don't like :-D

Seriously, Ty, what are you going to use it for. Is it for extra capacity for home or are you looking at comps? For home you may be happy with a medium or even a small depending on what you think you will cook. For comps I would say a large or XL to give you more room for the various meats.

swamprb
01-09-2008, 11:16 PM
If it were me I'd go for an XL

Rick's Tropical Delight
01-10-2008, 05:32 AM
the most common egg combo is a large and a small.

i have two larges and a medium cause i am uncommon. :biggrin:

Smokin Gator
01-10-2008, 06:14 AM
Like Ron said... it really depends on what you will use it for. I can tell you I am looking for a medium to go with my XL. I will use it for the almost daily regular cooks for the family.

thirdeye
01-10-2008, 07:43 AM
I have a large and a small. I use the large for grilling, barbecuing and baking. You know what it is capable of doing....

My small is mostly used for grilling and raised direct cooks. The size (13") is great for two people. They will work for barbecuing and I did make a steel plate setter for mine. Now BGE makes a ceramic one. I think my longest lo-n-slo cook was 12 or 13 hours, so if you really worked at it....15 may be possible?? The small is a real miser when it comes to lump.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/thirdeye2/welding01/227fd50f.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/thirdeye2/welding01/f0d591e1.jpg

tony76248
01-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Ty,

I have the large BGE and the medium Komodo I haven't used the medium since I got the large. That said, There have been a few times I could have, but was frugal with the charcoal so didn't. I probably ought to cut an additional hole in the table that came with the BGE and then I would probably use it more as well.

I also agree with thirdeye that the smaller cooker is much more of a miser on charcoal. All that said, I offered the medium to DeeZ for what I have invested in the Komodo and I am sure he will get in soon....LOL. He has 9 cookers now! Hey wait a minute I have 9 too. The only one I wish I hadn't sold was the Smokin-Tex. Many many benifits there.

I'll think back to that post where I told you that you will find your self using the egg more often than the Klose. I have a 4 burner stainless gasser that I havent used in almost a year. I just need to cook more fish I guess. It has become the fish cooker.

Hiloboy
01-10-2008, 10:58 AM
will for me we have a lot of parties and i'm glad i went with 2 large..never had a XL so i can't say much about it. but i find that if its only me and my wife the large work fine for 2 or a large group..if it was up to me i would have 4 large and give up my imu...