PDA

View Full Version : Left over beer keg

SP
01-07-2008, 01:22 PM
I did a search and didn't find too much. How about a beer keg drum smoker? Input, ideas or old threads welcome. And from my quick typing and failure to reread the title no I didn't just finish it.

KC_Bobby
01-07-2008, 01:25 PM
I have an old Shlitz keg grill, but it needs the stand welded back on. Alumninum, don't think it would work as a smoker very good, but we used to burn steaks, dogs and burgers pretty good in college with it.

Arlin_MacRae
01-07-2008, 01:34 PM
I did a search and didn't find too much. How about a beer keg drum smoker? Input, ideas or old threads welcome. And from my quick typing and failure to reread the title no I didn't just finish it.

Since you headed me off at the pass and I didn't get to ask you that, I went ahead and edited the thread's title to keep you from getting bombarded! :biggrin:

Arlin

SP
01-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks Arlin

BobBrisket
01-07-2008, 02:56 PM
I think it would be better converted into a grill than a smoker. I've seen some nice keg grills and these things last a lifetime.

Norcoredneck
01-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Beer makers use them to cook up brew. I had seen a website where they cut a section out of the top and made a roller setup and placed chili's in it and roasted them, occasionally rotating keg. Site no longer in buisness.

tommykendall
01-07-2008, 04:51 PM
I read the thread title wrong. I thought it said leftover keg beer and thought someone committed a crime! :wink:

Captain Caveman
01-07-2008, 05:33 PM
I saw a keg made into a "chicken cooker" at the American Royal this year. It stood vertically, and was cut in half about 10" from the bottom. it had the air intake on the bottom/ side, and the exhaust was out the top.

Single Fin Smoker
01-07-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm with Tommy, I too thought my services could be used to help finish a keg.

Divemaster
01-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Talk w/ Dr KY... Didn't he just do up a Baby UDS???? He may have some ideas....

Roo-B-Q'N
01-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Since you headed me off at the pass and I didn't get to ask you that, I went ahead and edited the thread's title to keep you from getting bombarded! :biggrin:

Arlin

Spoil Sport

Beerwolf
01-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Id go with the Beer makers Idea. Make a kettle out of it. My "Keggle" gets regular use on Cabbage during st pattys day and for various other cooking chores.. basically all you need is a 1" nipple welded about 1" above the bottom of the keg and cut the top off.. not a big deal, but it is a VERY useful thing to have