PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a free grill but I got some Q's

minijosh
01-07-2008, 12:50 PM
It's a Char-broil Master Flame 7000 Natural gas grill. I've never used gas or ever tried to hook up a gas line from my house so here's where the questions begin. What do I have to do to convert it over to propane? Is it just a simple attachment? The grill is in good shape and I'd like to keep it, I'm starving for some chicken from the grill yall mean????????? How much should it cost to get a gas line ran to my backyard? I'm debating on using the natural verses the propane because of the gas feed will keep my grill hot but I'll be stuck in the same area just to cook.

Arlin_MacRae
01-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Josh, this isn't as easy as you'd think, according to the research I've just done, because going from NG to propane you have to replace a lot of parts.

Go here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/house/136745-converting-natural-gas-grill-into-propane.html

Look for the two 8/18/07 posts from "pslOldTimer" and you'll get a good idea of what needs to be done.

Good luck!

Arlin

motor mouth
01-07-2008, 01:45 PM
I converted mine from propane to NG. I had to change out some orfice and the hose. Not sure if you can go the other way, but I bet someone here does know.

Did the gas line to the backyard in 2 houses. One cost a case of beer, knew the guy who ran the line. New state, new to me house was a $300 since the location of the source and where it needed to go was a fair distance and a pain to route. The materials were cheap if I recall, it was all labor.

minijosh
01-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Hmm I'm missing the hose already so I'll have to buy the new bits. Shouldn't be too much more to get it up and running. I want to run a gas line but I don't have my backyard landscaped yet. It's a catch 22 I guess. Thanks guys for the info. Might be looking for a cheap charcoal grill to cook come steak on.

motor mouth
01-07-2008, 02:34 PM
It's a catch 22 I guess. Thanks guys for the info. Might be looking for a cheap charcoal grill to cook come steak on.

Make it a 22.5" and call it a Weber. Craigslist has them frequently for low or no pay. No backyard should be without one.