PDA

View Full Version : Finally took the plunge...Another BGE Owner

tonto1117
01-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Well, we finally did it and purchased a new large BGE with a compact table. Cain't wait to get her home and start cooking.....:grin: Ya'll just do the most incredible grilling/smokin on them we just couldn't resist!!!:wink:

Plowboy
01-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Congrats!!!!!! Its a lot of fun.

A pellet cooker is next. LOL!

thillin
01-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Welcome to the Eggclusive club.:cool:

smokinbadger
01-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Welcome to another Michigan egghead!

LMAJ
01-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Congrats Tonto - I've been doing a lot of looking at them lately.....temptation....

Sledneck
01-06-2008, 07:28 PM
That eggsactly what i want to get.

Rick's Tropical Delight
01-06-2008, 07:31 PM
and yet another brother gets bitten by the egg bug! :biggrin:

i love to see it, but you guys are starting to scare me now. :shock:

Rub
01-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Good call! I recently got the same setup and have been enjoying it. I put a nice red oak stain on my table, and coated it with some urethane type stuff. Came out great. Have fun!

Azinine
01-06-2008, 07:36 PM
You guys should start an eggsclusive, egg-only, online pr0n competition... :roll:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35867

Smokin Gator
01-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Good call! I recently got the same setup and have been enjoying it. I put a nice red oak stain on my table, and coated it with some urethane type stuff. Came out great. Have fun!

OMG... say it aint so... Rub has been bitten by a bug out O da swamp!!!!

Rub
01-06-2008, 07:54 PM
OMG... say it aint so... Rub has been bitten by a bug out O da swamp!!!!

Well yeah it's true :oops:

It's the one I won up in Coweta. I've gotta say, it's pretty sweet!

tonto1117
01-06-2008, 07:56 PM
We have a lot to learn. Looking forward to hearing from all of you "eggsperts". We have airline ticket available and first class accomodations here in the woods at Ada Michigan.... come on down and show us how to cook with an egg!!

You name the menu, from brisket, to steak to lobster (brisket is mandatory; we sucked at comp briskets last year.)

nmayeux
01-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Congrats guys! I guess my invite blew off the mantle...

Bud's BBQ
01-06-2008, 08:29 PM
No, No Noah! We are not bad folks, we come from good families. We just wanted to try all of the positive things that we have heard about the egg.

Noah, you have a free pass here anytime. The Lang is still the "go to" BBQ. We just wanted to add to the arsenal.

BBQ_MAFIA
01-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Good luck with the new egg

vr6Cop
01-06-2008, 09:01 PM
The egg will definitely eggcite you about cooking. I love being able to cook a couple of boneless skinless breasts for supper, then shut 'er down to get to smoking temp for an overnighter. :cool:

Brisket is a cinch in the egg. The stability and moisture retention of the ceramic makes them a joy to do. I was always skeered of briskets until I learned tricks from the eggsperts. :wink: For a quick & easy start, check out Dizzy Pig's recipe section for a great brisket. :cool:

Norcoredneck
01-07-2008, 01:23 AM
Man that farking Carrier better deliver mine today! Congrats on your purchase. Looking forward to seeing pics of your set up.

keale
01-07-2008, 03:09 AM
Man! Is this an Egg-spircy?? Every where I turn, someone has an BGE!
Can you tell I'm jealous? I think you all are cheating! Wait...I use a UDS!!

I"M KIDDING YA' ALL!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
Congratualtions Tonto, and the rest of you!

Grumpy's Q
01-07-2008, 06:46 AM
Your going to love it! My wife has already given me the green light to find a large egg.

Ford
01-07-2008, 08:08 AM
Guess I can mark that one as sold. I was going to wait until I see the money on the weekend. And I see Smokinbadger fessed up to buying the XL. Wow - 2 happy Michigan cooks and now I can afford the mods to my trailer. And I'll have to change my signature again.

Bbq Bubba
01-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Guess I can mark that one as sold. I was going to wait until I see the money on the weekend. And I see Smokinbadger fessed up to buying the XL. Wow - 2 happy Michigan cooks and now I can afford the mods to my trailer. And I'll have to change my signature again.

Adding on a 2nd story for another FEC??? :biggrin:

tonto1117
01-07-2008, 08:50 AM

LOL...YES SIR RE.....Mark that puppy as sold!!! I think you and Walt talked about pick up next Sunday the 13th last night as we are headed up to Midland for the GLBBQA class on Sat. Now all I have to do is win one this year and sell it and start thinking happy trailer thoughts:eusa_clap..:mrgreen:

SmokeyBear
01-07-2008, 11:59 AM
resistance is futile

bbqbull
01-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Tonto, wished I could go to the class this weekend.

Promised to cook chicken for our dinner on Sunday.

Congrats on the new Egg!

Plowboy
01-07-2008, 12:42 PM

Glad all of that worked out for you Ford. Sweet deal all the way around!

J Appledog
01-07-2008, 12:51 PM
We've got three and have been cooking on them for about 10 years. What can I do to help? Your husband knows where we live. JCA

tonto1117
01-07-2008, 02:57 PM
We've got three and have been cooking on them for about 10 years. What can I do to help? Your husband knows where we live. JCA

:shock::shock::shock::mrgreen:....That just doesn't sound right Julie.....LOL.:lol:

Seriously, thanks very much. I was hoping we would have a chance to chat next weekend in Midland. Is the plan that we are all still carpooling up there??

Give me a call when you get a chance this week.

Thanks!!

Bud's BBQ
01-07-2008, 06:20 PM

Yo, Ford....our word is our bond, not to mention a shot of Jack!!

See you Sunday.

JD McGee
01-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Congrats on your new egg...you're gonna love it! :-P

Spydermike72
01-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Alright!! I love to see the Michigan Mafia helping each other out!!

Congrats Tonto!! Enjoy that Egg. I will see you,Julie and Walt Saturday!!
Now we need to get Bubba something to cook on!!!

Ron_L
01-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Congrats, Tonto and Walt! You're going to love it! if not, I'll give it a good home :-D

Mitch
01-07-2008, 08:39 PM
You'll love it. I have a number of cookers and grills. If I only could keep one....it would be the Egg.

tonto1117
01-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Thanks all....sure were gonnna love it!!!

Alright!! I love to see the Michigan Mafia helping each other out!!

Congrats Tonto!! Enjoy that Egg. I will see you,Julie and Walt Saturday!!
Now we need to get Bubba something to cook on!!!

Were gonna let Bubba grab the FEC100 to complete the arsenal:eek:.....

Congrats, Tonto and Walt! You're going to love it! if not, I'll give it a good home :grin:

:lol::lol:...I'm thinking not......but if we win the raffle for that "special coffee" I'll be sure to send it to you right away:mrgreen::wink::wink:

Bbq Bubba
01-07-2008, 08:45 PM
[/b]

Were gonna let Bubba grab the FEC100 to complete the arsenal:eek:.....

Uhhhhh, wouldn't that be cheating??? :cool:

Divemaster
01-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Ya know, now that you have the BGE, you won't be needing that big, old, heavy, Lang 60 any more... I could give it a good home...

Ramona (the GF) and Ramona (the BGE) both say congrats... (Really, I could take good care of the Lang...)

Ron_L
01-08-2008, 03:32 PM
:lol::lol:...I'm thinking not......but if we win the raffle for that "special coffee" I'll be sure to send it to you right away:mrgreen::wink::wink:

Sounds like a deal to me. If you win the "special coffee" you'll send me the Egg right away.

You all are my witnesses.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Divemaster
01-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Sounds like a deal to me. If you win the "special coffee" you'll send me the Egg right away.

Tonto,

Both Ron and I have lived in Chicago long enough to know that you just won!!!:shock:

Ron, does Tonto get visitation rights???:wink: Also, is that the 'special' coffee that the cat helps process???

tonto1117
01-08-2008, 04:39 PM

Errrrr. My mama always said I should take a writing course:eusa_clap Suppose you got me to dead to rights:eek:.....but ya did know I meant they coffee.....:roll::wink::biggrin:

Ya know, now that you have the BGE, you won't be needing that big, old, heavy, Lang 60 any more... I could give it a good home...

Ramona (the GF) and Ramona (the BGE) both say congrats... (Really, I could take good care of the Lang...)

Been talking to Walt about heading in a new direction cooker wise and he said I quote" you'll have to pry the Lang from my dead cold hands first before......" LOL. Now the problem becomes how do we haul the lang, egg, and the cooker I eventually want around:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Bbq Bubba
01-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Been talking to Walt about heading in a new direction cooker wise and he said I quote" you'll have to pry the Lang from my dead cold hands first before......" LOL. Now the problem becomes how do we haul the lang, egg, and the cooker I eventually want around:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I know where there's a trailer in Sparta that already has the "new" cooker in it with room for everything else!!:biggrin::cool: