PDA

View Full Version : I'm certain that I speak for the masses...

TexasGuppie
01-05-2008, 03:49 PM
...when I say there is nothing more cruel than the bitter sting one experiences when he clicks on "Smoke Signals" and is pleased to see what his brain has craved all day...a post titled something like:

From Start to Finish (PRON) (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35823)

If an index finger could be dislocated while clicking a computer mouse it would certainly happen as the BBQ'er can hardly tolerate the time that passes between the "click" of the mouse and the beginning of the download that he anticipates will be "Visual BBQ Crack."

And much to his dismay he finds his heart sinking to depths deeper than even the largest grease catcher in all of this great land.

Why the tremendous disappointment? The sadness?, The hurt and the pain?

Because instead of being greeted by jpegs loaded with sights second only to the Seven Natural Wonders of the World he is met by this demon:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p198/jacob65_2007/1st003.jpg

Yes, he is the sad victim of his work computer. The Barracuda Security Filter does not understand his need for this eye candy, this eyeball nirvana.

But he continues to search for ways to feed this addiction that has him living in BBQ Pic Prison...and there it is...the Brethren that does NOT utilize the demonic outside photo-storage web sites. No, this is the Brethren that understands the importance of the time spent resizing his BBQ memories for the rest of us to enjoy.

He is satisfied for awhile, having received his "fix" at the hands of his "Photographic Pimp Brethren" but the high soon fades, leaving him to wonder...

..."What BBQ pleasure lurks behind the thin lingerie of that RED X?"

-Gup
(leaving to attend his BBQ 12-Step meeting)

txschutte
01-05-2008, 03:55 PM
You almost made me cry.:cry:

JimT
01-05-2008, 06:07 PM
We understand!!!

Photobucket, flickr, they're all blocked!!!

You'll survive, trust me. You might not be the same, but you'll survive.

:twisted:

JimT

Harbormaster
01-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Gup,
After your Shakespearean quality post, I feel I must aopologize, for I, too, am one who uses outside photo storage.

Lo, I believed it to be the Poobah preferred method for photo storage. After all, the commandments state "Thou shall not wastefully hog Poobahs bandwidth."

To you sir, I am most sincerely sorry.

BBQ Grail
01-05-2008, 08:28 PM
I feel your pain!