PDA

View Full Version : Summer Sausage

ricksegers
01-04-2008, 09:23 PM
I know there is a lot of talk about Buckboard Bacon on here. When I ordered my last supply, I also bought the summer sausage kit from Hi Mountain. It turned out very good. A little salty but I can correct that on the next batch by lowering the seasoning. If you like summer sausage you might want to try this. It comes with enough casings, cure and seasoning to make a boatload so you might want to share a kit at first.

I have also used their kielbasa, sweet Italian and bratwurst and been please with all of them.

Rick

swamprb
01-04-2008, 09:41 PM
That is good to hear! My Smokette came with a box of Summer Sausage mix along with some Jerky and BBBacon cure. I did a 5lb batch of Beef Jerky from Hi-Mountain that turned out pretty good.
What type of meat did you use for the Summer Sausage?

chinesebob
01-05-2008, 12:29 AM
I know there is a lot of talk about Buckboard Bacon on here. When I ordered my last supply, I also bought the summer sausage kit from Hi Mountain. It turned out very good. A little salty but I can correct that on the next batch by lowering the seasoning. If you like summer sausage you might want to try this. It comes with enough casings, cure and seasoning to make a boatload so you might want to share a kit at first.

I have also used their kielbasa, sweet Italian and bratwurst and been please with all of them.

Rick

where did you get this at?

Jaberwabee
01-05-2008, 02:50 AM
If you have a Cabela's, Sportsman Warehouse, or Bass Pro, they all carry it.

chinesebob
01-05-2008, 10:18 AM
If you have a Cabela's, Sportsman Warehouse, or Bass Pro, they all carry it.

D'OH!

ricksegers
01-05-2008, 08:56 PM
"What type of meat did you use for the Summer Sausage?"

I followed the recipe for a 3 lb batch and it was 36 ounces of ground beef and 12 ounces of ground pork. I think the beef I used was the 93% lean.

Rick

Wyatt
01-05-2008, 09:12 PM

RickI think I will teach my dad how to do buckboard bacon, and you got me hungry on the Mountain buckboard bacon!:wink:

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
01-05-2008, 09:12 PM
I grew up on Chicago style summer sausage, I might just have to give it a try!!!!