PDA

View Full Version : Spicewines on trailer

Norcoredneck
01-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Has anyone mounted their Spicewine on a trailer? Can you post pics os Yours? Thanks.

Bigmista
01-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Yeah, what he said.

HB-BBQ
01-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Norco, funny thing you posted that question. I am looking at buying a mobile offset pit and am thinking of mounting the BWS to it so I can have the best of both worlds.

Mark
01-04-2008, 03:12 PM
I think these pics qualify
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album51&op=modload&file=index&name=gallery&include=view_album.php&page=4

Here's an example

chinesebob
01-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Mounting it from the perspective of it being permanently mounted? I think Jay's done it once but it's not preferred.

http://www.chinesebob.com/?cat=13

Here are some pics of mine on the trailer. I didn't mount it permanently but I secured the wheels and tied it down and it seemed to work ok for moving it around.

Taking it off or putting it on is a life threatening move that I do not recommend by anyone ever unless they are using a solid steel ramp and 4 to 5 grown men. The vehicle ramps or the gate ramps will not support a large. I only took mine off the trailer 3 times and the last time was it. I got rid of the trailer.

spicewine
01-04-2008, 03:34 PM
If you go to the custom section of my site you will see a few of the cookers that I have mounted on the customers trailers. I weld them solid to the trailer when I do it.

chinesebob
01-04-2008, 03:48 PM
If you go to the custom section of my site you will see a few of the cookers that I have mounted on the customers trailers. I weld them solid to the trailer when I do it.

In the future I'm only moving mine with a lowdeck, solid gate, enclosed trailer until we can get the trailer unit. They are BEAUTIFUL! They also have built in storage space for misc things.

It really is dangerous moving them on ramps. Think of moving a piano on and off and then add 400lbs. Don't let me talk you out of it. It's doable if you're careful. I'm going to move the new one at least 7 or 8 times this summer/fall for events but I'm paying people to help me load and unload.

tommykendall
01-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Looks to me like Bill is up to something on the back side of the cooker, and whatever it is, Parrothead likes it.

HB-BBQ
01-04-2008, 04:05 PM
In the future I'm only moving mine with a lowdeck, solid gate, enclosed trailer until we can get the trailer unit. They are BEAUTIFUL! They also have built in storage space for misc things.

It really is dangerous moving them on ramps. Think of moving a piano on and off and then add 400lbs. Don't let me talk you out of it. It's doable if you're careful. I'm going to move the new one at least 7 or 8 times this summer/fall for events but I'm paying people to help me load and unload. I have been tossing around the idea of using a lift table if I upgrade to a bigger vertical smoker. Grainger sells them in different weight capacities but the only problem is they are not cheap. A 1000lb table costs $800 and they get steeper as you go up.

Single Fin Smoker
01-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Yeah, but the men in Marks photo appear to be "Mounting" a spicewine on a trailer like some sort of ritual.

jestridge
01-04-2008, 04:33 PM
nice looking smoker BOB.

Dustaway
01-04-2008, 04:38 PM
will take a few pics of mine on a trailer for you and post them

chinesebob
01-04-2008, 04:46 PM
I have been tossing around the idea of using a lift table if I upgrade to a bigger vertical smoker. Grainger sells them in different weight capacities but the only problem is they are not cheap. A 1000lb table costs $800 and they get steeper as you go up.

Then how hard is it to move and store the table? But that's an interesting idea because you could get other uses out of it as well, especially if it wasn't impossible to move yourself......

nice looking smoker BOB.

Jay gets all of the credit. I just got to use it.

HB-BBQ
01-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Then how hard is it to move and store the table? But that's an interesting idea because you could get other uses out of it as well, especially if it wasn't impossible to move yourself......
The ones I have seen are not light but roll around easily. The 1000lb one that Grainger sells weighs 300+.
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/productIndex.shtml?operator=breadCrumbSearch&searchIndexId=0&originalValue=lift+table

burnin butts
01-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Here's ours!!

Solidkick
01-04-2008, 05:36 PM
and mine.....

Solidkick
01-04-2008, 05:38 PM
and mine.....

See any flames or flouresent colors??:twisted:

gotwood
01-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Yeah, but the men in Marks photo appear to be "Mounting" a spicewine on a trailer like some sort of ritual.
Just bowing and paying homage to the Q and cooker

G$
01-05-2008, 04:42 PM
kick and burnin butts, what are the axle ratings for your respective trailers, and how much other gear do you load on them?

I am considering exactly what you have done, but am a little concerned that i may need to go with a double axle just because we load up so much other stuff!

G$
01-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Mounting it from the perspective of it being permanently mounted? I think Jay's done it once but it's not preferred.

http://www.chinesebob.com/?cat=13

Here are some pics of mine on the trailer. I didn't mount it permanently but I secured the wheels and tied it down and it seemed to work ok for moving it around.

Taking it off or putting it on is a life threatening move that I do not recommend by anyone ever unless they are using a solid steel ramp and 4 to 5 grown men. The vehicle ramps or the gate ramps will not support a large. I only took mine off the trailer 3 times and the last time was it. I got rid of the trailer.

Oh also, for what it is worth, I have moved the medium spicewine 4 times on a trailer now. Each time, I secured it with ratcheting straps. LOTS, of ratcheting straps. For example I used a total of 10 ratheting and/or locking straps last time. It was mounted on a 4x6 'skid' that actually left the casters just barely contacting the floor. That sucker did not move.

HOWEVER, at least one of the straps failed last time, started fraying in the middle (I think from friction where I had it wrapped around the 'handlebar'. Although it did not break, and I had redundent straps, it makes me realize how securely this thng needs to be tied down.

Yakfishingfool
01-05-2008, 07:28 PM
That's how I want mine mounted to a trailer. I like them both. SCott

Sawdustguy
01-06-2008, 12:48 AM
Sure! We mount our Spicewine inside our Battle Wagon for transportation to a contest and then wheel it off our trailer. We even have the experience to tell you how not to do it. DAMHIKT :mad::biggrin: