PDA

View Full Version : Ever tried..

Bossmanbbq
01-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Hope this is in the right spot, but I was wondering if any of you have ever tried selling your recipes? What got me thinking of this was hearing of other people selling recipes on Ebay, newspaper ads etc from $1 and up to $20.
Any thoughts or ideas? I do have a killer salsa recipe I have worked on for over 17 years that I can say is mine, and would like to try something like this if its worth while. Thanks in advance!

Paulie G.
01-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Never thought about it, but since you mentioned it I should send a bill to all the bastards that i worked for over the years for my recipe developments.

JamesB
01-03-2008, 12:19 AM
Post the salsa recipe here and we'll let ya know if it's worth a $1 or not... :biggrin:

James.

Cabntmkr1
01-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Post the salsa recipe here and we'll let ya know if it's worth a $1 or not... :biggrin:

James.
Yeah... put it here. We'll tell ya!:mrgreen:

TexasGuppie
01-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Might I remind you of:

LAW # 808:

Before ANY ESTABLISHED* BBQ BRETHREN can: sell, market, promote, tote the note, manufacture, distribute, convolute, minimize, maximize, super-size, etc. ANY BBQ or BBQ RELATED item, food product, sauce, SALSA, slather, glaze, rub, turbo-charger OR ANY ITEM or PRODUCT that contains the letter B, B, or Q or ANY VOWEL in its DESCRIPTION must FIRST submit the item, either in its ENTIRETY, PHYSICAL FORM or WRITTEN DETAILED DESCRIPTION of the aforementioned BBQ or BBQ RELATED item to the FORUM BOARD**.

Once approved by the FORUM BOARD**, the BBQ or BBQ RELATED item can be released, offered, pushed upon, or recommended to the GENERAL PUBLIC.

*The definition of ESTABLISHED BRETHREN includes all of those ranked as a "Full Fledged Farker" or above.

**The definition of FORUM BOARD includes all BBQ BRETHREN members who have been a member of this FORUM IN GOOD STANDING***

***"GOOD STANDING" defines those BBQ BRETHREN members who have NOT:

Been suspended, disqualified or otherwise banned from an organized BBQ competition.
Dropped a turn-in box while racing to the judging area because they tripped over their MARTHA STEWART AUTOGRAPHED APRON.
Believed that Bobby Flay really knows anything about real BBQ.
Boiled their ribs prior to smoking them FOR ANY REASON.
Stated emphatically that the "McRib sandwich is the best BBQ I have ever had!"
Sold any BBQ Smoker in the interest of "Saving the marriage."So my good friend, I suggest you pony up the details of that concoction before we have to get "all legal" on you.

TexasGuppie
Chief Legal Counsel****
BBQ Brethren-North Texas Chapter

****Self-appointed