PDA

View Full Version : Pheasant/Wild Boar Rib Cooking Ideas

Keller Steeler
12-27-2007, 12:38 PM
My Xmas present from my Dad just arrived. It contained a Kobe Tenderloin, a couple of racks of wild boar ribs, and a pheasant. Never cooked a pheasant or wild boar ribs - any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated. I guess my old man thought I was good this year.

Divemaster
12-27-2007, 12:40 PM
I got no idea's but if you want to get rid of any of it I'll send you my address... Sounds like a great gift!!!

Single Fin Smoker
12-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Brine your pheasants for at least 24 hours, rub with whatever you like. Cover with bacon, and run your smoker at about 300, for maybe an hour or two. These things will want to dry out fast(legs and thighs will dry out regardless), so you'll have to keep a check on the internal temps.

chinesebob
12-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Brine your pheasants for at least 24 hours, rub with whatever you like. Cover with bacon, and run your smoker at about 300, for maybe an hour or two. These things will want to dry out fast(legs and thighs will dry out regardless), so you'll have to keep a check on the internal temps.

What he said. Fried gave me 15 pheasants this year because he didn't know what to do. I'd never cooked them so I just rubbed them and threw them on. 2.5 hours later I was chewing on fowl jerky. Tasty, but not fun.