PDA

View Full Version : New Food Network show ...

biffleg
12-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Saw this on an Alton Brown board - didn't know if anyone had heard anything about it - apparently its a new show airing in 2008 on the Food Network:

Down Home with the Neelys

Pat and Gina Neely and their family own and operate some of Tennessee's best — and devilishly delicious — BBQ restaurants. But when they are relaxing at home in Memphis, they love to create tasty dishes their whole family can enjoy. Now they're ready to share secrets from their famous restaurant dishes along with their tastiest family-friendly recipes when we go Down Home With The Neelys.

JamesB
12-12-2007, 01:29 AM
I have not heard of that show, but it would be much better than cake decorating....

Where is this Alton Brown board? Is is different from the Good Eats Fan forum?

Thanks,
James.

bowhnter
12-12-2007, 06:22 AM
I
, but it would be much better than cake decorating....

Thanks,
James.

Agree...I have almost quit watching it seems, due to everytime I turn it on it has something to do with desserts.

Have not heard of the new show though...sounds interesting.

TexEx
12-12-2007, 07:01 AM
Not the same show but....

Friday Feb. 01, 2008 10:00 PM
Paulas Party: BBQ with the Neely's

biffleg
12-12-2007, 07:22 AM
Is is different from the Good Eats Fan forum?

James -

I want to say that was the board I was on. List each of the episodes, etc. - and also has a message board.

Bill-Chicago
12-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Paulas

I was lost as soon as I hit this word.

I find this woman, as well as her son's, completely unwatchable.

When she lets out one of those cackles, I just want to shove something down her throat (and not my Johnson)

Sledneck
12-12-2007, 08:26 AM

When she lets out one of those cackles, I just want to shove something down her throat (and not my Johnson)mmmmmmm paula dean naked and slathered in butter

NCGrimbo
12-12-2007, 08:29 AM
mmmmmmm paula dean naked and slathered in butter
Do not make me come up to NY to put you out of your misery.

Back on topic...

I wonder how much BBQ they will actually discuss.

River City Smokehouse
12-12-2007, 08:50 AM
I used to watch Food Network all the time. Now I have to scan ahead to see if anything good is on. They have resorted to T&A, desserts, cake decorating, and the metro sexual/sometimes gay couple shows. I'm not much of a fan of the network as I used to be. I think it's just the evolution of the Food Network, plus some of us are turning into geezers:icon_shy

chuckswagonbbq
12-12-2007, 09:29 AM
I have to agree with River. I used to watch Food Network all the time but they have changed way too much for me. The best show I thought they ever had Was Grillin'' and Chillin'. I used to love Jack McDavid needling Bobby Flay about using a gas grill.

Divemaster
12-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Not the same show but....

Friday Feb. 01, 2008 10:00 PM

Paulas Party: BBQ with the Neely's

This may be a re-run... I seem to recall a show like this before...

n-2-que
12-12-2007, 10:07 AM
was searching around so looks like comes out in Feb

They're smokin'
Everybody put your hands together for Patrick and Gina Neely of Neely's Bar-B-Que, who have just scored big with a new Food Network television show.
"Down Home with the Neelys" will premiere in February, and we'll keep you posted. But until then, shhh: It's a secret!

BBQ Grail
12-12-2007, 10:11 AM
was searching around so looks like comes out in Feb

They're smokin'
Everybody put your hands together for Patrick and Gina Neely of Neely's Bar-B-Que, who have just scored big with a new Food Network television show.
"Down Home with the Neelys" will premiere in February, and we'll keep you posted. But until then, shhh: It's a secret!
I'll be watching.

Sledneck
12-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Do not make me come up to NY to put you out of your misery.

Back on topic...

I wonder how much BBQ they will actually discuss.
why?:confused:

SmokeInDaEye
12-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Interesting. They also filmed a special featuring Jack's Old South at Memphis in May last year. I assume that will be running around then too. Hopefully they got a shot of me in my brethren hat.

Harbormaster
12-12-2007, 01:04 PM
...They have resorted to T&A, desserts, cake decorating, and the metro sexual/sometimes gay couple shows...
Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Bigmista
12-12-2007, 01:13 PM

When she lets out one of those cackles, I just want to shove something down her throat (and not my Johnson)

Really? I love Paula Deen. She reminds me of one of my favorite Aunts. I could spend all day cracking jokes with her.

Jorge
12-12-2007, 02:10 PM

If you ever make it to Savannah you need to try her place. It's good stuff.

Single Fin Smoker
12-12-2007, 02:21 PM
I too disagree with the esteemed gentleman, Mr. Willkats assessment of Paula. I find her to be quite entertaining. It takes skill to incorporate two sticks of melted butter into every dish you make. Her two mammas boy sons on the other hand, are a bit of a bore.

Ummmm, Jorge can you go back to your UT or 12th man avatar? No one appreciates the right to proudly bear arms(and Texas) as much as I do, however your starting to remind me of the father of girl I once picked up for a date, cept' for he had a bottle of JD in his other hand.

Sledneck
12-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Ummmm, Jorge can you go back to your UT or 12th man avatar? No one appreciates the right to proudly bear arms(and Texas) as much as I do, however your starting to remind me of the father of girl I once picked up for a date, cept' for he had a bottle of JD in his other hand.I agree, it's disturbing and offensive to me.

Single Fin Smoker
12-12-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm neither disturbed or offended. Just recalling some chicks dad that hated me for some reason.

Jorge's a brother.

biffleg
12-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Ummmm, Jorge can you go back to your UT or 12th man avatar?

I've just gotten to where I stop ducking everytime I see one of Jorge's post :biggrin:

Bill-Chicago
12-12-2007, 03:09 PM
I've just gotten to where I stop ducking everytime I see one of Jorge's post :biggrin:

Just jump to the right.

His sight is clearly off

Muzzlebrake
12-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Hopefully they got a shot of me in my brethren hat.

you have a brethren hat?

where can you order those?

Sledneck
12-12-2007, 03:12 PM
you have a brethren hat?

where can you order those?
You missed they are already sold out

SmokeInDaEye
12-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Really? I love Paula Deen. She reminds me of one of my favorite Aunts. I could spend all day cracking jokes with her.

I would love to see that...

N8man
12-12-2007, 07:37 PM
I would love to see that...
Looks like Mista's been eating kinda good these days:-P

CajunSmoker
12-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Yep, looks like Mista's Aunt to me:-D

Special message to Jorge; don't let the left coast beat you down:biggrin:

ipls3355
12-12-2007, 09:24 PM
I just threw up a little.

Puppyboy
12-12-2007, 10:23 PM
I know "butter makes it better" but I don't think that'll help.

As for the new show, sounds interesting.

Kirk
12-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Agreed. I like her cooking but hearing that laugh is like running your head though a cheese grater. The Iron Chef episode with her, Cat Cora, Tyler Florence and Robert Irvine made me want to hang myself. The stuff going on between Deen and Irvine ranged from annoying to downright disturbing.