PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Cliff !!

ModelMaker
11-04-2007, 01:35 PM
I saw Cliffs UDS Ribs and hadn't smoked anything in a while and just lost it. Went to my BB meat market and the ninnies were closed!! On a Saturday!!
Had to drive clear across town and had my mind set on full packer cut spares so I could practice cutting St. Louis style, but they were completly out of spares!! On a Saturday!!
Ended up getting a couple BB's $3.95 lb ,(thought pork prices were down).
Thought since I was just doin a couple BB's I'd try my mini basket for a 2nd time.
After I got to cookin I checked temps with my remote vs Spicewine gauge at side. Since most all the heat was centered in the middle it read at 280* while the gauge at the side read 175*ish. Way too much variation for that small of a grate. Don't think I like the mini much....
Note: adjustment screw on the back of a Spicewine thermo gauge is counterclockise will increase temps. Mine was about 13* low.
Let 'em go for about 4.5 hrs flipped at 3 hrs for about an hour was checking for limpness and didn't think they were done but checked with probe and they were at 205*. Sauced one with my secret sauce, left the other one naked. Made some oven baked frys and had at 'em.
My picky eatin grandson had a 3 bone dinner (they were pretty big bones). Wifey said they were pry the best she has ever threw down the pie hole. Truth? They were very tasty but mostly overdone.....
Pretty good eats, but I REALLY need to learn how to cut well enough to be seen in a comp box.
ModelMaker

Irrad8
11-04-2007, 01:50 PM
yummy!

txschutte
11-04-2007, 01:55 PM
I haven't had BB's in forever! On the gotta do list.

we'll smoke u
11-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Looks good

Cliff H.
11-04-2007, 08:21 PM
As long as the wife likes them then I wouldn't change a thing.

BB's look real good.

keale
11-05-2007, 12:48 AM
Ed, that looks great! Man, thats the same price as I pay here, I was sure you guys paid less!

swamprb
11-05-2007, 03:28 AM
Looks very nice Ed! Great to see the drum in action.

sterlingsmoker
11-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Very nice! I could eat a couple racks all by my self!!

vr6Cop
11-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Man, I wish my wife would throw ribs down her pie hole! :biggrin: She doesn't care for ribs - think they are too much work. :roll:

I look at ribs the same way I look at crab legs - the meat of both are God's reward for a little extra work. :cool:

Those ribs look fanfarkingtastic. Care to share your secret sauce? :razz:

ModelMaker
11-05-2007, 12:58 PM
My wife is not really a fan of ribs. Always whining about me wanting to cook 'em. But these last two cooks have really turned her around.
I almost did the McRib mod this cook, debone the rack and make some French (spit) loafs of bread and make a McRib samich.
The sauce? If I told it woudn't be a secret.....
ModelMaker

Man, I wish my wife would throw ribs down her pie hole! :biggrin: She doesn't care for ribs - think they are too much work. :roll:

I look at ribs the same way I look at crab legs - the meat of both are God's reward for a little extra work. :cool:

Those ribs look fanfarkingtastic. Care to share your secret sauce? :razz:

Cuelio
11-05-2007, 01:13 PM
Mmmmmmm . . .

Did you foil those at all? I know some of us foil ribs (spares), but I wonder if you really need to for BB's.

BTW, what's that red drink?

ModelMaker
11-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Mmmmmmm . . .

Did you foil those at all? I know some of us foil ribs (spares), but I wonder if you really need to for BB's.

BTW, what's that red drink?

Nope, I don't foil, in fact I usually don't even flip 'em.
Put 'em on ,cook 'em, eat 'em.
Drink is cran/grape vodka.

Mitch
11-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Dang! Those pictures make me hungry! And I'm trying to lose 15 lbs.