PDA

View Full Version : Pappy's Seasonings

Bill-Chicago
10-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Set up a private trade with brother Norco.

I sent him a couple things, nothing special. In fact, he helped me out by taking some older inventory off my hands.

Wish I saw the look on face when he saw the traditional Brethren ultra hot pink box!!

Well he sent me his own creatively packaged box of goodies.

Two Big Arse (for me, the Big Arse) containers of Pappy's Seasonings. One was Hot, and the other was Prime Rib Seasoning.

Tried the Hot on chicken breasts the other night in the kettle using pecan. It was awesome. Perfiect blend of heat, spice, and salt. Just tried it again as a sprinkle on Italian Beef pizza. Good stuff.

Can't wait to try the Prime Rib!

Thanks Norco!

Norcoredneck
10-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Glad you liked it. It is what I have been using. Since I am fairly new at BBq I don't have a lot of things to compare it to. That is the neat thing about trades because you get different tastes to try. Only problem is when you get a few it's hard to decide what to use.

Bill next time you make ABT"s try it in the filler.

Bill-Chicago
10-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanksgiving weekend brisket already has the Prime Rib seasoning earmarked for it.

I opened it, and it tastes like a much better Motreal season blend. I like it already.

Thanks.

Did I send you Pork Powder? Still can't recall. Chit is great on pork butts 24hrs before , wrapped in Saran.

And the best part of trades: packing peanuts!!

Some of those farker are on their way to Shorem-by-Sea United Kingdom as we speak

Global Peanut Mod :twisted:

Brian in So Cal
10-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Glad you liked it. It is what I have been using. Since I am fairly new at BBq I don't have a lot of things to compare it to. That is the neat thing about trades because you get different tastes to try. Only problem is when you get a few it's hard to decide what to use.

Bill next time you make ABT"s try it in the filler.

Norco, My Smart and Final dosen't carry the hot. I will buy one off of you if you have any left. Maybe when I see you Sunday?

thirdeye
10-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Set up a private trade with brother Norco.

I sent him a couple things, nothing special. In fact, he helped me out by taking some older inventory off my hands.

Wish I saw the look on face when he saw the traditional Brethren ultra hot pink box!!

Well he sent me his own creatively packaged box of goodies.

Two Big Arse (for me, the Big Arse) containers of Pappy's Seasonings. One was Hot, and the other was Prime Rib Seasoning.

Tried the Hot on chicken breasts the other night in the kettle using pecan. It was awesome. Perfiect blend of heat, spice, and salt. Just tried it again as a sprinkle on Italian Beef pizza. Good stuff.

Can't wait to try the Prime Rib!

Thanks Norco!

I was on the same end of a trade. Norco sent me the Louisiana Hot. It is a great bump or a base seasoning/rub. Really good on chicken, on veggies or in rice. I even used some tonight in some corn meal for fried trout.

Bigmista
10-26-2007, 09:33 PM
I've always seen it and never picked it up. Just stubborn I guess. Always making my own rub.

Bill-Chicago
10-26-2007, 09:57 PM
fried trout.

Jim?

Troutman, you been filleted?

Norcoredneck
10-27-2007, 01:23 AM
Thanksgiving weekend brisket already has the Prime Rib seasoning earmarked for it.

I opened it, and it tastes like a much better Motreal season blend. I like it already.

Thanks.

Did I send you Pork Powder? Still can't recall. Chit is great on pork butts 24hrs before , wrapped in Saran.

And the best part of trades: packing peanuts!!

Some of those farker are on their way to Shorem-by-Sea United Kingdom as we speak

Global Peanut Mod :twisted:
Used Pork Powder on Stuffed chops the other night. I liked it. Had pics to post but with fires here contact lenses were F'ed and when actually could see pics. to post They were blury and made you dizzy looking at them.

Bigdog
10-27-2007, 12:09 PM
I've always seen it and never picked it up. Just stubborn I guess. Always making my own rub.

I would understand too if you tried Mista's rub. Farking awesome stuff.8-)

wlh3
10-27-2007, 05:45 PM
I used it for alot of my grilling in fact I need a new jar almost gone. But I do get the 50% less salt version. Its good stuff maynard :icon_bigsmil

Brian in So Cal
10-29-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks Norco,

Dude is the man. Thanks for the Pappy's hot rub. it was awesome on my chicken wings.