PDA

View Full Version : W’ham Turbo Cooker WC-12

Sledneck
10-24-2007, 05:07 AM
http://www.willinghams.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=public.cookers#wc-12
Has anybody ever seen one of these in person? Why is it so expensive?

qman
10-24-2007, 05:43 AM
I have seen Williamham and his cooker at a couple of contests. It has been a while, maybe 15 years ago, he won a contest in Pine Castle[Orlando]-MIM circuit then.
I don't think the cooker had the pellet-pooper conversion then.

Williamham is an engineer, and his cooker was built like a tank. Everything is well planned and well built.

That said, it is way overpriced IMO. Perfect for a high end showpiece if you need something in your backyard to impress people.
I would buy a FEC 100 and save the rest of the money.

Bill-Chicago
10-24-2007, 07:23 AM
The odd thing is the burger to hot dog ratio.

It can hold a grand total of 16 burgers, or 528 hot dogs??

WTF?

Cliff H.
10-24-2007, 09:32 AM
I was given a " behind the fence" tour of this smoker at MIM this year. It is a neat smoker but way out of my price range.

Dustaway
10-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Al Roaker has one he used it in a cook off four years ago and got his ARSE handed to him no fault of the cooker just AL.

Sledneck
10-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Every manufacturer has the right to charge whatever they want. I just want to know what justifies such a high price. I am also curious to know how many have ever been sold

Swinebuck
10-24-2007, 11:15 AM
My team was next to Willinghams at Memphis In May. To me they were way overpriced for the amount of meat you could cook. They are motorized and you need an electric outlet. If the electricity goes out the way it did for Al Rocher you are in big trouble!
Thanks
Mike
Swinebuck