PDA

View Full Version : Jenks Riverwalk Competition, Jenks, OK - Oct 12-13th?

Keri C
10-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Just thought I'd check in and see how many of the Brethren / Sistern were going to be cooking at the Jenks Riverwalk competition Oct 12-13, just a hair south of Tulsa OK.

We'll be doing da jumbo gumbo thang in the turkey fryer pot Friday night, with shrimp bread as far as it lasts. Look for the PSO tent with the Hot Wire banner and come have a bowl. Cooks meeting is at 6, and I'm aiming for gumbo to be done and simmering contentedly by 5:30.

See ya'll there!

Regards -
Keri C - chief cook and bottle washer
Robert C - Senior Director of R&D, Asset Development, & Procurement; (also serving as Social Director :cool:).

Captain Caveman
10-07-2007, 06:59 AM
Caveman Cuisine will be there!

Keri C
10-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Cool - the Battle of the Clones! :biggrin:

We rarely see a Stumps at a comp around here, and at this one we're going to have at LEAST two clones and a real Elite 8. We did a briskets-n-butts overnighter on the She-Beast last night, and though I love my DPP Fat 50, there is something to be said for occasionally sleeping rather than feeding the cooker, eh? Plans right now are for both cookers to be there. With your orange and our dark red, they shouldn't be hard to miss.

See you there!

-Keri C

Solidkick
10-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Good luck! Do your best and make us proud!

Captain Caveman
10-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Keri,

Can't wait to see your she-beast!

Keri C
10-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Caveman, are your bringing your log cabin? Robert is looking seriously at building a back-porch S&S style trailer for the beast to live on, and I seem to remember your little log cabin as something along those lines.

Jeff Hughes
10-09-2007, 08:31 PM
I'll be there...

Captain Caveman
10-10-2007, 07:26 AM
Caveman, are your bringing your log cabin? Robert is looking seriously at building a back-porch S&S style trailer for the beast to live on, and I seem to remember your little log cabin as something along those lines.

Sorry, we will not be bringing the log cabin this time. But we live in Carthage, Mo (about 1 hr 45 min from you), and would show it to you any time. I even have limited blueprints I would share.

Keri C
10-13-2007, 07:26 PM
The She-Beast did us well today at Jenks. 5th in pork, ribs, and sausage, 7th in chicken, and 4th overall. We were 11th in brisket - Jeff beat us by 0.6 of a point, else we would have walked in all five categories.

The walking was fun, but I do believe that it was more fun to see Robert's hard work in building this cooker being validated in such a pointed way. Ya done good work, Mr. C.!

Keri C

tonto1117
10-14-2007, 07:32 AM
Congratulations Keri!!!! Would have loved to see the new baby in action. Do you have any pics of you and Robert with the new cooker???

Again, congrat's and a great showing!!!!

Lakeside Smoker
10-14-2007, 08:32 AM
Contest Results:
Grand Champion: Twin Oak Smokin Crew
Reserve Champion: Feeding Frenzy BBQ
Overall:
1. Twin Oak Smokin Crew
2. Feeding Frenzy BBQ
3. Butcher BBQ
4. Hot Wire BBQ - PSO
5. The Smokedelics
6. Stu's Q BBQ
7. Pigcasso
8. Sa-Mokin
9. Stone Bridge
10. Jeff Hughes

Chicken:
1. L and M BBQ
2. Stu's Q BBQ
3. Stone Bridge
4. Buzzard Bait BBQ and Chili
5. Smoke Busters
6. Feeding Frenzy BBQ
7. Hot Wire BBQ - PSO
8. Sa-Mokin
9. Butcher BBQ
10. Black Boar BBQ

Ribs:
1. Twin Oak Smokin Crew
2. Stone Bridge
3. Butcher BBQ
4. Feeding Frenzy BBQ
5. Hot Wire BBQ - PSO
6. The Smokedelics
7. Sa-Mokin
8. Turnin 'n Burnin
9. Stu's Q BBQ
10. Pigcasso

Pork:
1. Pigcasso
2. Twin Oak Smokin Crew
3. Three Crosses BBQ Tm
4. Buzzard Bait BBQ and Chili
5. Hot Wire BBQ - PSO
6. Butcher BBQ
7. Feeding Frenzy BBQ
8. Meat Puppets
9. Smokin' Pokes
10. The Greazzy Fender

Brisket:
1. Twin Oak Smokin Crew
2. Feeding Frenzy BBQ
3. Butcher BBQ
4. Smoke Busters
5. R BBQ
6. Sa-Mokin
7. Sexton's Bar-B-Q
8. Caveman Cuisine
9. The Smokedelics
10. Jeff Hughes

Solidkick
10-14-2007, 08:38 AM
Very nice! Congrats to those that walked!

vr6Cop
10-14-2007, 08:57 AM
Congrats to y'all!

Captain Caveman
10-15-2007, 07:28 AM
Good job this weekend Keri.

Keri C
10-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Thank you kindly, Caveman! Hey, did you notice how many people were looking at your cooker, coming up to look at ours, and then coming BACK to look at yours again? Seems there were a number there that were fascinated with the design.

We may take you up on a look at your mobile log cabin sometime - I love the look of it, and the She-Beast says she wants her own trailer where she can live full-time and not have to deal with crawling in and out of the cargo trailer. As many approaches as Robert has played around with drawing up so far, there's no telling what kind of rig she's going to wind up living in.:-D

See you next time!

Keri C

Roo-B-Q'N
10-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Congrats and good showing there Keri.