PDA

View Full Version : a little help...

keale
08-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Good morning all!
Well, I put on a 9.5 picnic on the UDS, around 11:30pm, woke up twice, slept abount 6 hours, only to find the picnic roast at 190, ready to foil, thats great, but we don't eat another 9 hrs! Do I cooler them for that long? I think its kind of long... do I shred it early? Since its fresh, how should I heat it up? A good problem to have...

Larry Wolfe
08-25-2007, 12:58 PM
That's too long to hold in a cooler. I would pull and if you sauce your pork and refidgerate. Then reheat in an 300* oven until warmed through. If you don't sauce your pork, give it a little spritz of apple juice before you reheat it to keep it moist. Good luck!!

Grillman40
08-25-2007, 01:10 PM
I agree, your just a bit outside the window there. But thats not a bad thing. Shred it in a aluminum pan and mist it with apple juice before you seal it up with foil or just sauce it if that is how your gonna serve it. Toss it in the oven and heat it thru....

Then call me :-D

swamprb
08-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Roy- I've never really felt the need to do an overnighter with anything i've cooked on the Drums so far, since everythings cooking faster direct. Now a comp will be different, but at least you have your day free to kick back in the hammock!

Brian

Smokin Gator
08-25-2007, 02:35 PM
I'd have ham and eggs for breakfast!!!

keale
08-25-2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks guys I took it off and put it in the oven w/ a towel over it. (oven is off:-P ) Got to go to a couple of soccer games and then will shred and mist. and put in fridge. Thanks for the help! Looks like I get to eat and early dinner! just put 4 racks of ribs on, doing 3-2-1, now I know this was asked, is the 1 cooler time or sauce time?

Brian, I hear you, but a couple of time when I did 2 butts it took over 12 hours, don't know why...
One day I'll be a master like you!:-P That was just an awesome job with your party the other night!

jpw23
08-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Thanks guys I took it off and put it in the oven w/ a towel over it. (oven is off:-P ) Got to go to a couple of soccer games and then will shred and mist. and put in fridge. Thanks for the help! Looks like I get to eat and early dinner! just put 4 racks of ribs on, doing 3-2-1, now I know this was asked, is the 1 cooler time or sauce time?

Brian, I hear you, but a couple of time when I did 2 butts it took over 12 hours, don't know why...
One day I'll be a master like you!:-P That was just an awesome job with your party the other night!I think that 1 is out of the foil and back on the cooker.

big brother smoke
08-25-2007, 03:25 PM
I think that 1 is out of the foil and back on the cooker.

Yep!