PDA

View Full Version : Found a redeeming quality of my Bosch kitchen range (brisket hold).

frayedend
03-20-2021, 09:47 AM
Well, finally got some prime brisket from Costco. Did it last night on the LSG 20X42. It was cold and my wood was dry so it was burning fast. Temps fluctuated from 300 down to 225.

Anyhow in the oven it went at 235 overnight to prolong the cook. I planned on holding in a cooler until dinner at 5PM. But the darn thing was done at 5 AM. Only 11 hours total. Good thing I didn't get up later.

Anyhow I bought all Bosch appliances in my new home (2 years ago) and I have not loved them. One thing I found out the hard way is the oven shuts off after 4 hours for "safety". Overcame this issue by setting the timer. It will let you set it for 6 hours and not shut off.

Well every oven I've owned had a low setting of 170. I assumed the same on this. But I just tried and it goes down to 100. So I pulled the brisket from the cooler and put it in the oven at 145. I'll be able to hold it as long as I need. Can't wait to try the Prime from Costo. And I don't need a turkey oven.

gtsum
03-20-2021, 09:58 AM
Great feature of the oven. I’m going to try a roaster to hold mine as my oven only goes down to 170

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boatman
03-20-2021, 05:02 PM
My kitchenaid oven has a bread proof feature, 100 degrees.

TravelingJ
03-20-2021, 05:21 PM
You really don't like the appliances? We bought the Bosche dishwasher last year, and I've been real pleased with it. The rest of our appliances are all Frigidaire Gallery, but since I put the cabinet face on the dishwasher I wasn't worried about the looks matching.