PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Ramsay Hell's Kitchen Beef Wellington

Chett. L
02-21-2021, 12:43 PM
Just wondering... Has anyone ever tried Gordon Ramsay's hell's kitchen beef wellington ?

Kimo1
02-21-2021, 03:26 PM
The one from his Masterclass is very good. No mention if it is the same recipe as HK though.

jzadski
02-21-2021, 07:08 PM
I never officially had beef wellington. However back in the day had a work party where they served beef wellington apps. Fully wrapped bite size morsels of goodness. I really want to try the real thing as I was very impressed with what I had, just haven't been to a restaurant that serves it.

Chett. L
02-22-2021, 01:24 PM
I never officially had beef wellington. However back in the day had a work party where they served beef wellington apps. Fully wrapped bite size morsels of goodness. I really want to try the real thing as I was very impressed with what I had, just haven't been to a restaurant that serves it.

I thinking I want to try and make this.

jzadski
02-22-2021, 02:04 PM
I thinking I want to try and make this.

Looking forward to the results. Might finally have to do so myself once the weather turns here

blackdogbbq21
02-22-2021, 02:49 PM
I haven't been to the HK restaurants but I've made the recipe that is on food.com. I haven't made it in a while but I recall liking it better without the mushroom paste in it. Something different to make when the weather is bad for bbq and you want a nice dinner

Callahan-que
02-22-2021, 03:06 PM
Way back when I was a cook in the Navy on one of the ships I was on we made beef wellington on every Holiday. It wasn't Ramsey's recipe but still it was beef wellington.

mjpmap
02-22-2021, 05:41 PM
Did a pork loin Wellington 3 weeks ago. Some shoestrings augratin on the side. The duxelles was spinach, mushrooms & herbs. Well worth the effort.

scp
02-22-2021, 06:03 PM
A couple of years ago...I stumbled across his video...looked so good I made it for Christmas dinner. It was a bit of a process...but also was very tasty.

This is the video I watched
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE2omM_NoXU

Chett. L
02-22-2021, 09:26 PM
A couple of years ago...I stumbled across his video...looked so good I made it for Christmas dinner. It was a bit of a process...but also was very tasty.

This is the video I watched
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE2omM_NoXU

Saw it! Very straight forward.

Chett. L
02-22-2021, 09:27 PM
Did a pork loin Wellington 3 weeks ago. Some shoestrings augratin on the side. The duxelles was spinach, mushrooms & herbs. Well worth the effort.

Thank you.

2xal
02-27-2021, 08:59 AM
The Mrs and I made Ramsay's beef wellington a few weeks ago. First time and It was absolutely delicious.

Panupat
03-02-2021, 04:59 AM
I've been to a few restaurant that served them. I didn't know it was Ramsay's invention but what happened was that I ordered the meat medium rare , on the redder side. It's how I prefer my meat. And I got this reply saying nope they couldn't do that because they had to make sure the bread gets cooked perfectly so the meat is whatever it takes... and it turned me off so much and I ended up not ordering it. You know I order meat for the meat, not the bread.

Bill-Chicago
03-02-2021, 08:15 AM
I didn't know it was Ramsay's invention

It's not, it dates back to the late 19th Century.