PDA

View Full Version : Tip: Grill grate cleaning with snow

bob3
02-07-2021, 06:49 AM
Ok, I know this may sound a little strange, but it is working well for me...
I'm in the northeast. There is plenty of icy snow feet from my cookers. I get it going and hot, then grab about a softball size block of icy snow. I use it scrub with force on the hot grill grates. It melts as you scrub, creating moisture so it is more effective than a brush. It also forms to the grill grate like those wood paddles used for cleaning. When done, after a few passes, there will be a little water on the grates. You could let it quickly evaporate or I sometimes take a paper towel and wipe up the residual moisture because this will have a little grime on it. It's easy and I've never gotten the grates cleaner!

SMOKE FREAK
02-07-2021, 08:06 AM
I say take advantage of what you have available. But what ya gonna do when the snow melts.

Nuco59
02-07-2021, 10:08 AM
Sounds pretty cool and I'd do it but...

I live where we don't get much snow. The few times a decade we do get some, it's a treat.

And I like it that way.

Guess I'll have to stick to the wooden paddles and balls of foil for grate cleaning.

jasonjax
02-07-2021, 10:18 AM
Same principle as water on a hot skillet. The steaming action is removing the leftover bits. I'm sure it works grate!

jzadski
02-07-2021, 10:22 AM
I say take advantage of what you have available. But what ya gonna do when the snow melts.

Snowballs in the freezer :laugh: