PDA

View Full Version : Go Figure

gunrunner2491
07-04-2007, 07:14 AM
I thought I had it all worked out, Someone at work needed the 22 of July off. She said I will switch the 4 of July if you work my 22. I said great but my Sergeant asked nicely if I can grill some burgers, and some A.B.T.'s for the crew, and I agreed. The plan was to grill some burgers about 10:00 and come home and smoke a 12lb. brisket for the family. I rubbed it down and wrapped it last night. Well I wake up this morning about 6:30 and it's pouring cats and dogs with no sign of letting up soon. Due to my job I rarely have any Holidays off so I give thanks for the ones I can get no matter how big or small, and this is what happens. What Luck. hope you guys forgive me for the ranting I just had to let off some heat, because none is coming off my pit right now.:mad: :mad: :mad:

icemn62
07-04-2007, 07:17 AM
Sometimes youhave to just shrug your shoulders and give up.. If it is raining so hard that there is no way to BBQ, then play with the kids and spouse, have a few cold ones, and find other things to make you happy.

DaChief
07-04-2007, 07:30 AM
I can understand. It's raining here as well. Fortunately, I have an area under my pool deck overhang that will still hold my WSM. Course if you walk in the garage right now you can smell the smoke that is getting up in the attic....oh well.

bbqbull
07-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Not to take anything away from other cookers but this is where an overhang or carport or an EZ-up tent rocks.
When the rain/snow visits here and the weather is inpossible to deal with, my electric Cookshack smoker rocks.
Heck last year at fish camp, I took 2 ratchet straps and secured a handheld umbrella to my little cookshack and let it work. It kept the rain out of the electric control. Worked fine.
Sorry the weather has you farked up on the cooking.

Mr. Bo
07-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Well I wake up this morning about 6:30 and it's pouring cats and dogs with no sign of letting up soon.

That's why I bought a gazebo gunrunner. It's rained here for the last 3 weeks and I got sick of it after the first week. It isn't raining today, yet, but the WSM is going strong and we will have fresh Q today.

Puppyboy
07-04-2007, 11:07 AM
I don't know how many times I smoked just inside the garage.