PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs Hatch Butt and Pistachios

jzadski
01-21-2021, 10:08 AM
Spurred on by 4ever3 and Pmad I figured it's time to make a pork butt (Ssamll and heavy trim) with Stubbs Hatch Chili Cookin Sauce. I seasoned with garlic salt and pepper to keep it simple. Should have read the Stubbs bag because it has it's own rub duh. Oh well threw it on while just getting going in the smoker. Rec-tec at 180 w/ extreme smoke for an hour now at 250. Gonna make some tacos with it later since the wife is doing ground beef too just in case the rest of the family isn't into it. While I am at it threw on some pistachios with butter and Killer Hogs since I still haven't made another batch of my own yet. Will update as things finish. Thanks

pmad
01-21-2021, 11:21 AM
I hope you enjoy the pistachios.

Shiz-Nit
01-21-2021, 11:59 AM
Keep us posted

jzadski
01-21-2021, 12:07 PM
HOLY SH!?, those are good and I found a perfect pairing. Great opening inside of mouth or with fingers. Take away, had a couple of bonus ones that were out of the shell already and that might be a game changer. Sams sells them already shelled and boy they really pick up a bunch more goodness that way. Thanks Pmad :-D

jzadski
01-21-2021, 06:24 PM
Ok so got it all finished finally. I have pictured when I put the cooking sauce on, ready to pull, pulled, pulled with finishing sauce and then the taco/burrito with guac, tomatoes and shredded romaine. I really like a lot. Before I added the finishing sauce everyone liked it. Too hot for wife and oldest. I gave my youngest a piece that was over drenched in the sauce and it hit the back of his throat not in a good way so he is now gunshy. The heat is not as hot as Franks Wings Sauce. Thanks for looking.

Stingerhook
01-21-2021, 06:28 PM
Looks great Joe.

Hoss
01-21-2021, 06:40 PM
Looks mitee tastee to me.Good job!

kevinstaggs
01-21-2021, 06:42 PM
Your fam is definitely eating good tonight. Well done.

tom b
01-21-2021, 06:49 PM
love me some green chili pulled pork, works well with chuck and chicken too

pmad
01-21-2021, 06:57 PM
Great cook, my friend

sudsandswine
01-21-2021, 07:19 PM
HOLY SH!?, those are good and I found a perfect pairing. Great opening inside of mouth or with fingers. Take away, had a couple of bonus ones that were out of the shell already and that might be a game changer. Sams sells them already shelled and boy they really pick up a bunch more goodness that way. Thanks Pmad :-D

Oh man...I’m ready for Hopslam to make its way back down here again. About that time.

Big George's BBQ
01-21-2021, 07:24 PM
That looks amazing