PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Chili is Number 1...

16Adams
11-12-2020, 07:07 AM
...on Amazon. Seven Hills Chili. Read the product labels in the photos. No bad stuff. Read the different “Ways” always with oyster crackers. I’ve had the Skyline in the blue packet and really enjoyed it. Order was like six or eight packets. I gave one or two away and discarded one that got lost in the cabinet a few years. Bottom line I liked it, just maybe not very often. My wife mentioned it would be good layered in lasagna. True- it would. Guess what interests me is the ingredients and their mention of using as a rub. I can see this being good on the wife’s gooey sticky sweet spicy ribs she likes.
I don’t need a pound, or an ounce. Wish I could buy a single packet
I’d try it. My grandad boiled his hamburger meat for chili.

Seven Hills Chili Original https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LTVNQBK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_QdtRFbMJ327E0

Jrogers84
11-12-2020, 07:12 AM
Although hard to call chili IMO I love the stuff

sliding_billy
11-12-2020, 08:43 AM
Blue Ash is my favorite if I am in Cincinnati, but Skyline is tradition and available at Kroger in both can and frozen form. I have one of both in stock currently.

16Adams
11-12-2020, 08:47 AM
No Kroger’s up here on The High Plains. Lubbock is getting HEB and I do find myself on The South Plains a few times per year, The Metroplex 1-2.

WilliamKY
11-12-2020, 02:25 PM
I enjoy Cincinnati style chili a few times a year. My son loves the stuff. I have a recipe but it's not real quick to make (has to sit overnight). I don't like paying $4.99 for a 15oz can of Skyline either. I'm definitely going to try this. Thanks, Adams.

mike243
11-12-2020, 05:16 PM
I love Skyline chili , down town to the original place if you ever get a chance, also while there go to Jungle Jim's grocery store, take a truck and some coolers lol