PDA

View Full Version : Briket re heat

chargrill2369
09-29-2020, 09:39 AM
I got a full brisket. I was supposed to cook it this summer for a bbq party. With covid that never happened. I was going to cook it up for my friends at work. Like cook it chill it over night then re heat at work. What is the best way to do that without drying it iut?

Killa J
09-29-2020, 09:55 AM
Do you have a sous vide cooker? I vacuum seal, freeze, and reheat BBQ in sous vide all the time. But I’ve held brisket overnight in my oven set at 170 without chilling it. Or a turkey roaster. Those are cheap, too.

CKYnick
09-29-2020, 10:57 AM
https://shop.lewisbarbecue.com/pages/reheating-instructions

Hope this helps some

AUswimKC
09-29-2020, 12:15 PM
Cook on a Sunday night and cooler it around 6-8a. It’ll last until lunch.

I’ve done it before a few times. Wake up at 165-170deg internal and wrap (2a-3a). It’s done around 6-7a. Can even place into the oven to finish. Vent. Then close and wrap in foil. Wrap in towels. Cooler. Depends on your smoker.

My oven says it goes to 170. Never tried it. You can test yours. You can always finish it and wrap it in several sheets of foil. Then put it into the oven at 170 until morning. Then cooler. Or put it into the oven to rest for 3hrs and program the oven to kick on and off. Lots of options.

Can also take it to 165-170 at midnight. Finish in the oven at 4a. Then vent and let it rest in the oven.

Can also finish it, rest it, flash cool it and bag it, and reheat at the offices few days later if you have the right equipment at the office.