PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Jambo J-3 Owners

Walshman
08-22-2020, 08:00 AM
For anyone who has real experience cooking on a J-3, can you tell me your likes/dislikes and overall how satisfied you are with the cooker. I'm really thinking about ordering one, but would like some thoughts from others who have cooked on one. There really isn't a whole lot about these cookers online.

I called and talked to the owner yesterday. He couldn't have been nicer. He said they are 12-13 months out. I don't know what it is about these cookers, but I have always admired them from afar. Thanks for any information.

marvda1
08-22-2020, 10:12 AM
i think there's a jambo facebook users page.
here's a guy that's a friend of jamie that makes a great smoker.
http://www.rockinwsmokers.com/pit-details

NYC 'Que
08-22-2020, 01:22 PM
I don’t own a Jambo but I’d be more than comfortable buying one based purely on their reputation. You won’t read a bad word about them and it’s a proven platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jdtTX
08-22-2020, 05:28 PM
Brother has a J5. It's pretty effortless for an offset. Well built, good space.

bbqwizard
08-23-2020, 12:06 AM
There isn’t anything to dislike IMO. I too have been a fan for YEARS! and finally bought one of the first ever made. Purrs like a kitten. One chimney of lit coals and 1-2 logs to get started. After that, 1 small log is all you need every hour or so. If you have the money and want a totally sexy smoker, then do it.

jdtTX
08-23-2020, 11:04 AM
There isn’t anything to dislike IMO. I too have been a fan for YEARS! and finally bought one of the first ever made. Purrs like a kitten. One chimney of lit coals and 1-2 logs to get started. After that, 1 small log is all you need every hour or so. If you have the money and want a totally sexy smoker, then do it.

Now I need to know which Chopped episode you were on

Pappy Q
08-23-2020, 12:51 PM
Best stickburners built, IMO. I’ve had 6 of them and all cooked perfectly. Any specific questions?

Walshman
08-25-2020, 11:30 AM
Out of the 6, do you have a favorite model? I’m torn between the j3 and j5. Also, do you cook with water in the belly of the cooker? What is the advantage of doing this? Thanks

robertm
08-25-2020, 01:09 PM
Best stickburners built, IMO. I’ve had 6 of them and all cooked perfectly. Any specific questions?

What do you do with 6 smokers? Would love to see a pic or two of your beauties!

Pappy Q
08-25-2020, 07:29 PM
Out of the 6, do you have a favorite model? I’m torn between the j3 and j5. Also, do you cook with water in the belly of the cooker? What is the advantage of doing this? Thanks

J3, J5, Enclosed, Economy and porch model are all the same as far as the cooker itself goes, the difference is in the “packaging”, all cook the same....great! I do not use water in the bottom, have tried but really don’t think it’s needed.

Pappy Q
08-25-2020, 07:30 PM
What do you do with 6 smokers? Would love to see a pic or two of your beauties!

LOL, don’t have 6 at once. I have a problem with buying and selling smokers. It’s a bad disease my wife is trying to cure me of.

bbqwizard
08-25-2020, 10:32 PM
Now I need to know which Chopped episode you were on

Season 15 Episode 9 they themed that episode “Cook your butt off”. You’ll know why when you see it🙂

bbqwizard
08-25-2020, 10:35 PM
LOL, don’t have 6 at once. I have a problem with buying and selling smokers. It’s a bad disease my wife is trying to cure me of.

Mine too, except she likes them too...lol