PDA

View Full Version : PK or PKTX ?

Bone Yard BBQ
08-18-2020, 06:14 AM
I love the PK Grills but not sure which to get? Any advice on the The Original PK vs the newer PKTX, the pro's and cons of each (besides the stand, I'm considering getting the PKGO stand for camping etc)?

Raider18
08-18-2020, 07:07 AM
I had the same question last year. I went with the PKTX because its taller than the original stand and it could fold up. A year in and I have no complaints. I have yet to fold it once as if I need to travel I'll just use the PKGO stand I received. You will love the grill its my favorite in my stable. If in the budget I cannot recommend upgrading to the stainless steel cooking grate enough. So much better and easier to clean. I also got the kick ash basket and love it.

drunkenmeatfist
08-18-2020, 07:24 AM
You said you want advice on the two besides the stand, but that is the only difference between them. Same grill, different stands. I got the TX in October of last year and I have cooked on it almost every day since. I recently considered getting the 360 because I like the classic so much, but the classic meets my needs so I have no need for the 360

edapp
08-18-2020, 07:51 AM
I love my TX and am glad I purchased it vs the original w/ additional stand.

When I go camping or fishing or whatever I like that I can easily transport the TX and then not have to take up space on my tailgate or table with the grill. It very easily folds/rolls/stores in my truck ( I actually kept it in the bed of my truck all spring as we were back and forth to the deer lease to fish and camp so much).

My only complaint is that when I purchased it, I didnt realize you had to remove the grill from the stand to fold it. That isnt a big deal to me, but it might be for some people.

Mikhail
08-18-2020, 08:40 AM
The only downside I can see is that ash can fall to the deck or patio rather than the stand on the original. It was not available when I got mine.

NYC 'Que
08-18-2020, 09:20 AM
I’ve had both and I can say that the stand on the TX is much more substantial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bone Yard BBQ
08-18-2020, 09:25 AM
The Kick Ash Basket looks like a great idea! Thanks :-D

Mikhail
08-18-2020, 09:43 AM
I like the basket. You might want to also consider the raised grills that expand your cooking capacity. Expensive but I think useful. The smaller one supposedly allows you to raised the grate above the coals.

Raider18
08-18-2020, 12:05 PM
The only downside I can see is that ash can fall to the deck or patio rather than the stand on the original. It was not available when I got mine.

This fits on the ash catcher perfectly to stop ash from falling.

CENZ Jelly Rolhttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QV1RV71?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Bacchus2b
08-18-2020, 12:20 PM
The original PK stand sucks in comparison to the PK TX stand. PK TX stand is taller and 100% better quality than the original which is flimsy aluminum. I have not used my original stand since buying the PK TX stand when they were first released. PK GO is super cool as well. I never have issues with ashes.