PDA

View Full Version : Large cabinet would make a decent smoker

chad
06-20-2007, 09:30 AM
From Craig's List Tampa. No pics.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/for/351949381.html

Large aluminum food service grade hearting cabinet. The heating system worked before I put it in storage but its been sitting a while so I don’t think its in working order any more. You can still buy the heating systems to make this work. This was used at a Taco Bell to heat taco shells at about 165. This would be a great hot holding cabinet. Or what I was going to make it into a large stand up smoker. It is very heavy about 100lbs plus so you’ll need help to load or unload it. 69in tall 32in wide 20in deep $100 obo Call or email me Derrick 727-547-6426

I'm tempted, but Anne would not be pleased! :shock: It wouldn't quite fit her vision of an outdoor kitchen and would clash with her hard work landscaping the backyard!!:mrgreen:

Arlin_MacRae
06-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Pretty sweet and ripe for some modifications!

parrothead
06-20-2007, 10:04 AM
I think you should get it.

Meat Burner
06-20-2007, 10:46 AM
I think you should get it.

Ditto ! :twisted:

Puppyboy
06-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Get that sucka and get it fast.

I have been thinking of converting a fridge into a big arse cooker. I just need to find the right one.

Jorge
06-20-2007, 11:29 AM
I'd claim that I was buying it for The_Kapn.

chad
06-20-2007, 11:39 AM
I'd claim that I was buying it for The_Kapn.

Wouldn't work! I have one of the Kapn's hand me downs...a Bandera chamber with no door and no shelves...it's still covered and stored next to the wood pile...I've got plans, but no materials to finish it -- my idea was to make an electric "cool" smoker out of it for jerky, fish, bacon, etc.

I'm angling for a small smoker to go with the outdoor kitchen...I'll get a new gasser with IR searing burner, etc. I've just got to be patient!!

Right now the Kingfisher is in the backyard and it takes a LOT of available room on that side of the pool cage...if Anne gets her landscaping done I'll have to more everything anyway -- a large empty warming cabinet would NOT be welcome right now.

Single Fin Smoker
06-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Only a hundred pounds??? Dude, for 50 bucks I'd make the purchase.

In a perfect world, with all the spare time and excess money layin around..... I'd have my redneck nephew weld me a fire box/ash catch at the bottom, a smoke pipe with damper at the top, several holding trays that slide, maybe some vents for air/heat control. Then maybe add some nice wheels with locking mechanism.

Din, I'd cook chit up!

The_Kapn
06-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Chad--But it!

Marriage is highly over-rated! :lol: :lol:

TIM

chad
06-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Chad--But it!

Marriage is highly over-rated! :lol: :lol:

TIM

YOU...are a big help!:twisted:

I guess I could buy it and install the auger/burner for the FEC500...nope, not going to go there!!