PDA

View Full Version : Gettin drum ready for Q

sterlingsmoker
06-16-2007, 01:50 PM
The seasoning of my new drum smoker has begun! Ribs and fatties for fathers day Q!!http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i299/TER_bucket/?action=view&current=1182019928.pbw

Single Fin Smoker
06-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Hey Sterling! How do you like Bar B offset? Do you use it very much?

I've only got to use mine once. Got any tips for me brudda???

sterlingsmoker
06-16-2007, 02:18 PM
I have not used it yet. Will do so in July I have 4 days off. So no tip as of yet. will let ya know how it does.

swamprb
06-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Not getting any pics from photobucket, hope its going well!

Single Fin Smoker
06-17-2007, 03:18 AM
Allright, so swamp and sterling. My whole fathers day gifts are centered around my refugee weber kettle(nice since I dint have to pay for it). New grill grate with the sides that flip up, charcoal boxes(and handles). I'm thinkin of doin some ribs indirect with some mesquite. Also, Mrs. fin got me some nice non-stick rib racks.

I also have a thermometer that I've been slidin into one of the vents to see whats goin in there when I cook corn. Oddly its been around 275.

I figure you two are the ones to chat this up with. What are my chances of not f-n this up?

Thanks
Kevin

sterlingsmoker
06-17-2007, 05:46 PM
Well the drum smoker worked as well as expected. I threw on a big slab of spares and two fatties, one filled with peppers and the other with chedder cheese. Temps sat at 225* to 250* the whole time. Seasoned the spares with some Blues Hog rub. Sorry no pics as I had to keep one eye on the Q and another on 6 little munchkins runnin around. By the time I thought of the camera the fatties had all been eaten. And the ribs had been foiled. Big cook comin up in July as I intend to do brisket and fatties on the drum.