PDA

View Full Version : Oakridge Secret Weapon Pork & Chicken Rub question

SweetHeatBBQnSC
05-18-2020, 03:12 PM
I just got my sample pack in today and am going to do some BBQ Chicken. Do I need to salt the chicken in addition to this rub? I generally use a thicker coat of rub for what it's worth. Thanks!

rwalters
05-18-2020, 03:13 PM
I am finding a little added salt in addition to the Oakridge rubs works nicely. If you’re doing chicken parts, maybe do a little side and side comparison and see which you prefer? :)

Kanco Connection
05-18-2020, 03:48 PM
Yes. Oakridge doesn't rob you by loading it down with a bunch of salt. All of the products I use from them (including those) benefit from a little salt.

kevinstaggs
05-18-2020, 09:55 PM
I agree that Oakridge doesn't load up on salt. Which is one of the reasons I really like their products. Impossible to say whether or no you prefer more. Only experimentation will tell. Personally, I don't add salt and I hope they don't change their recipe. Easy to add. Impossible to remove.

sudsandswine
05-18-2020, 10:00 PM
I’ve never felt the need to add salt to any of their seasonings, except I will sometimes apply a finishing salt to the steak after cooking with Carne Crosta, when I don’t cut it with Santa Maria.

Lomey
05-18-2020, 11:06 PM
I really like their products because of the low salt content.

Mike in Roseville
05-19-2020, 12:45 AM
Secret Weapon is very balanced. If you like a tad more salt...consider adding some.