PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think the Weber Summit Charcoal will receive an update

BodieMonster
04-14-2020, 05:55 PM
I’m fairly convinced I need a Weber Summit Charcoal in my life but does anyone know if Weber plans to update it in the near future?

I realize there is not much that requires improving since Webers last a lifetime and it seems to be close to grill perfection but it’s also a first gen model that was introduced in 2016 so I would hate to throw down a bunch of money only to see Weber launch a new version in the next year (maybe a slightly cheaper model with no gas starter).

Any intel is much appreciated! Also, open to counter arguments for not purchasing the WSC and going with a BGE, Kamado Joe, etc or even something like a Rec Tec RT-700 since I'm primarily looking to up my low & slow / smoking game. Thanks!

Little Pig Barbeque
04-14-2020, 05:59 PM
Buddy...I PROMISE you that you wont regret purchasing the model out there now. I'm a weber fan so I am slightly biased, but I love mine and would buy it again in a heart beat.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

BodieMonster
04-16-2020, 04:43 PM
Appreciate the feedback! Feels like I've made up my mind as it checks all the boxes and everyone that has one loves it.

Lomey
04-16-2020, 06:00 PM
To bad you don't live in the Midwest. There is one for sale in the Sales section. Looks to be in great shape.

jojocircus
04-16-2020, 10:09 PM
id like to see a heavy duty "caterer" version with a better cart and no gas assembly. But since that will likely never happen, you should just buy the one out right now.

It. Is. Without. Peer.

katan
04-16-2020, 10:14 PM
Totally happy with mine. It covers such a wide range of use cases it is hard to argue. The only thing I regret is not getting the cart. But then, with my array of grills in the back yard it is hard to blame one of them for the seemingly constant lack of flat space to put things.

Happy Hapgood
04-17-2020, 01:19 AM
I don't own one ... yet But Looking like they got that Rig Right from the getgo.

Curt.P
04-17-2020, 08:15 AM
One update it sorely needs is a reduction in price.

gtsum
04-17-2020, 12:47 PM
I almost bought one awhile back but ended up going with an M1. That said, if I was looking for a kamado cooker again, I’d go with the weber summit as it seems like the best kamado out right now (light, not quite as airtight so better air flow, easier to move). I had a primo oval xl for about 8-9 years and still have a mini akorn...so I’m familiar with kamados...I do think it’s a bit pricey for what it is, but what isn’t these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dweverett
04-17-2020, 08:27 PM
I don't think Weber updates things like it very frequently. They'll come out with new colors and minor features on the more mainstream charcoal grills like the 22" but haven't done much with the more expensive ones. I'm not sure that the summit charcoal is selling all that well either. Not a criticism at all of the product itself and I could be biased based on what I see in my region but I think it's a complete unknown vs the ceramics.