PDA

View Full Version : ** First Time Smoking Brisket **

SmokeyZassOff
04-03-2020, 10:49 PM
Hey everyone,

I am trying my first Brisket Flat, I know its not the full on Brisket but its my first time and hated to spend that kind of money to mess it up and/or have that meat for just me and my wife lol.

I will be smoking it with my WSM, and just wondered if anyone had suggestions or tips for me?

Thank you in advance!

DanB
04-04-2020, 08:45 AM
Hey All
Were are all the briskets experts? I'm no expert but here is what I do. This is pretty much
SOP for briskets.
Rub and smoke at 225* till 165* or your get a nice bark. Then wrap in foil or butcher paper with butter/brown sugar/apple juice. Smoke until probe tender start checking at 200*..
Good luck with your 1st brisket.
DanB

Blizzard
04-04-2020, 09:08 AM
I have a Weber Smoky Mountain, I just smoked a brisket last weekend. My rub is just salt and pepper. It was on the smoke for around 7 hours then I wrapped it and left it on the smoker for another 2, then let it rest, wrapped in a towel in an ice chest for another hour.

Good luck!

Oh and yes, the temp was 225 the whole time.

aks801
04-04-2020, 01:27 PM
Don't undercook it. You'll be tempted to pull it too soon. Resist that temptation. Go by probe tender. Once it is done let it rest a couple of hours.
Most of all: have fun! Oh, and post pics.

SweetHeatBBQnSC
04-04-2020, 02:22 PM
Don't undercook it. You'll be tempted to pull it too soon. Resist that temptation. Go by probe tender. Once it is done let it rest a couple of hours.
Most of all: have fun! Oh, and post pics.

Yes if you are going to miss on a brisket (especially the flat) miss over not under!