PDA

View Full Version : Smoke Daddy Quits

Mike Twangzer
03-22-2020, 11:02 AM
Smoke Daddy Quits ..... or will be quitting .... or getting out of the pellet grill business. No, they are not out of business, they will be concentrating on vertical smokers exclusively, so I expect their line up to expand. Grill parts and accessories will always be available, as is their 5 star customer service. So if you are sitting on the fence about an 1190 pellet grill, I suggest that you give them a call and order one. Not sure how many are left and I don't know the timeline for switch over. I just ordered one myself .... I think all this correct. .... and sure enjoyed working with the company.

SmokeRingsMatter
03-22-2020, 11:20 AM
If they are getting out of the pellet griill business, why would you want to buy one? Wouldn't it be hard to get parts down the road if something breaks? If i had one, i would be researching what is most likely to go, and buy a few spare parts before they are gone.

That said, i am in a similar situation with Treager. They no longer support my Timberline, I have been having problems with the WiFire App not letting me control my smoker. The smoker is connected because the Treager customer service can see it, but i cant log in to control it. They told me they had to send it up to Corporate because that Dept doesn't support it anymore and i would get a email within a few days. Well almost two weeks all ive got was dust bunny's.

farmer-fred
03-22-2020, 11:34 AM
I spoke to them also and they will be continuing to build and sell Vertical Smokers and also the Hopper/Controllers so parts should not be an issue if you buy one. They did indicate that they will be concentrating USA built Hopper assy's and are now doing their own software for the controller. The only problems I foresee would be hopper/controller issues and the controller has a three year warranty and the rest seven years. I cannot see the rest of the grill giving up the ghost if it is taken care of. They are very well made. The reason they are quitting the Pellet grill business is to compete with all of the big box stores would to build to a price point and they do not want to cut their quality to do so. I have no interest in the company and wish them well as they are a small mom and pop business that is family run.

Mike Twangzer
03-22-2020, 12:47 PM
Most of the same parts will also be used on the vertical, so there will be no future issues. As the above Farmer said ...

pjtexas1
03-22-2020, 01:35 PM
Smoke Daddy does a good amount of business selling parts to owners of other manufacturers pellet grills. Those parts should still be available.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk