PDA

View Full Version : Convert Weber to natural Gas?

Higgledy
03-14-2020, 02:48 PM
I know it is possible, but how much does it cost to convert an older Weber propane to natural gas?

Higgledy
03-14-2020, 02:55 PM
I don’t know the year.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0m6a6CLBY2zhxxSzNXJRO1kJg

guero_gordo
03-14-2020, 04:29 PM
https://www.weber.com/US/en/blog/burning-questions/can-i-convert-my-gas-grill/weber-29870.html

Sid Post
03-14-2020, 04:52 PM
The main difference is jets assuming you regulate the pressure in the gas line correctly as the BTU's per cubic volume of gas is different. If you have one of those H-bar burners it won't work like it does for the cast iron burners that use jets on the more expensive gas grills.

Modify at your own risk. :wink:

gt1043
03-14-2020, 05:39 PM
Converted propane grill to natural gas ( don’t recall if a Weber). Removed regulator, drilled jets out to .125. Proceed at your own risk!

Tiewunon
03-14-2020, 06:49 PM
Google “The BBQ Depot” they sell the NG manifold you need. You need to find the serial number of the grill usually a sticker somewhere on the cart. Mine is on cross member by side burner only visible if I remove side burner. Serial number will tell year manufactured also.
Option 2 see if you can find manifold on Craigslist. Last week there was a NG manifold for $40 on a Miami Craigslist not sure which Genesis year it was for.
Option 3 my nephew futz’ around with Weber grills up in Mass. He gets parts from a gent out in Worcester who has a pretty good stockpile of Weber “Stuff” sitting around. PM me if you want to go this route and I will get the number of this guy for you.

Happy Hapgood
03-14-2020, 11:33 PM
I'm seeing alot of talk about jets. What we are talking about is orifice size per burner for fuel injection vs air ratio.

Propane = 15.5 parts air to 1 part fuel.

Nat Gas = 10.0 to 1.

Nat gas does not burn as hot as propane.
Recommend never to drill orifices. They will not give you satisfactory results long term.

Don't worry about a regulator as it is on your gas meter.

Buy the kit required for your rig. If it's old might be a good time to buy new burners with the Nat gas orifice already installed.

Just my .92 and Good Luck!

gengle
03-15-2020, 12:54 PM
I'm seeing alot of talk about jets. What we are talking about is orifice size per burner for fuel injection vs air ratio.

Propane = 15.5 parts air to 1 part fuel.

Nat Gas = 10.0 to 1.

Nat gas does not burn as hot as propane.
Recommend never to drill orifices. They will not give you satisfactory results long term.

Don't worry about a regulator as it is on your gas meter.

Buy the kit required for your rig. If it's old might be a good time to buy new burners with the Nat gas orifice already installed.

Just my .92 and Good Luck!

Wisdom!