PDA

View Full Version : Pit Boss griddle...

4ever3
03-05-2020, 01:40 PM
Anyone bought one yet (if they’re even on the market?)

Love what I’ve seen of the grease tray!

I meant Pit Boss:mmph:

Ron_L
03-05-2020, 03:12 PM
I meant Pit Boss:mmph:

Fixed! :thumb:

smoke ninja
03-05-2020, 03:17 PM
I haven't seen it yet. I'm so disappointed with my older Blackstone. I have the one with the grease drain in front. ot makes a mess no matter what. the new ones also have a bit of a lid which helps considered the cover is not water proof in the least.

4ever3
03-05-2020, 03:29 PM
Fixed! :thumb:

Thank ye kindly...

4ever3
03-05-2020, 03:30 PM
I don’t know what it will do here but let’s try this Steve

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9M7jg-B4xq/?igshid=c4h6ql524y6r

kurtsara
03-05-2020, 05:43 PM
I haven't seen it yet. I'm so disappointed with my older Blackstone. I have the one with the grease drain in front. ot makes a mess no matter what. the new ones also have a bit of a lid which helps considered the cover is not water proof in the least.

I have had my front drain Blackstone for about 6 years and have never had a problem with the front drain.

smoke ninja
03-05-2020, 06:49 PM
I have had my front drain Blackstone for about 6 years and have never had a problem with the front drain.

Its not really a problem while cooking. Its during clean up. I use water to help steam it and as I push everything forward to the drain it spatters. Grease doesn't always run into the cup perfectly either. It's just a poor design pulling the mess towards you and down a long track, evidenced by the fact that no other griddle continues it.

I was an early adopter and and like my griddle but I feel like I was the test subject

4ever3
03-05-2020, 09:56 PM
So no one has one yet?

rwalters
03-05-2020, 10:35 PM
Don’t have that one, but I do have the big ole’ Camp Chef 6 burner griddle. Absolutely love it. Gets used an easy 4-5x week. You looking to add a griddle to your arsenal?

4ever3
03-06-2020, 04:39 AM
Yes sir, we had the cuisineart and used it a lot but it was round and the grease collection was AWFUL! Sold it and just haven’t found the right one yet.

halfcocked
03-06-2020, 06:44 AM
Don’t have that one, but I do have the big ole’ Camp Chef 6 burner griddle. Absolutely love it. Gets used an easy 4-5x week. You looking to add a griddle to your arsenal?
Do you use a crane to lift it on and off the burners? Or is it dedicated like the
Blackstone?

rwalters
03-06-2020, 06:53 AM
Do you use a crane to lift it on and off the burners? Or is it dedicated like the

Blackstone?

No kidding... these griddles are heavy! The FTG900 model that I have is a dedicated griddle like the Blackstone. The 4 burner, or FTG600 model, has the removable flat top. Either way, I’d never remove it and use it as a grill. Just have not interest in concerting a flat top into a “grill.”

rwalters
03-06-2020, 06:55 AM
Yes sir, we had the cuisineart and used it a lot but it was round and the grease collection was AWFUL! Sold it and just haven’t found the right one yet.

Are you specifically looking for a small griddle? Does it need to be portable? How many people are you cooking for on a regular basis when using it?

4ever3
03-06-2020, 07:38 AM
4 as a rule up to 10, I don’t really want a 36” but I may have to.

I’m checking out grease drain and grease containment as much as anything.

SweetHeatBBQnSC
03-06-2020, 08:03 AM
I haven't seen prices anywhere for any of them

rwalters
03-06-2020, 08:03 AM
4 as a rule up to 10, I don’t really want a 36” but I may have to.

I’m checking out grease drain and grease containment as much as anything.

All I can offer is my experience and what I have learned from it. I have been cooking on griddles for about 5-6 years now. The first 4 being on a 17” & 36” Blackstone and the past 2 being on a 48” Camp Chef FTG900. Had a really good experience w/ the Blackstone’s. That said, there were a few quirky things with the Blackstone’s that led me to start looking at the competition just to see what what out there. The Camp Chef lineup immediately had my attention.

-More even heat distribution because of the heat dispersement plate they attach to the bottom of the griddle surface.
-The griddle comes pre-seasoned.
-The griddle has 2 lower shelf’s which not only allow for more storage, but more structural rigidity.
-The shelves fold down on both sides.
-The overall construction was heavier duty.
-The grease management systems did not have the same complaints that the Blackstone griddles did.

I decided to sell both of my Blackstone’s and buy the Camp Chef, and have honestly had zero regret. It gets used a ton and hasn’t missed a beat.

Not sure if you have looked into them, but they do offer a smaller model...

https://www.campchef.com/flat-top-grill-475.html

There’s is definitely more competition on the market today then just a few years ago. Perhaps there is something that’ll better meet your needs. For me though, I am sold on the CS flat tops :)

SweetHeatBBQnSC
03-06-2020, 08:48 AM
All I can offer is my experience and what I have learned from it. I have been cooking on griddles for about 5-6 years now. The first 4 being on a 17” & 36” Blackstone and the past 2 being on a 48” Camp Chef FTG900. Had a really good experience w/ the Blackstone’s. That said, there were a few quirky things with the Blackstone’s that led me to start looking at the competition just to see what what out there. The Camp Chef lineup immediately had my attention.

-More even heat distribution because of the heat dispersement plate they attach to the bottom of the griddle surface.
-The griddle comes pre-seasoned.
-The griddle has 2 lower shelf’s which not only allow for more storage, but more structural rigidity.
-The shelves fold down on both sides.
-The overall construction was heavier duty.
-The grease management systems did not have the same complaints that the Blackstone griddles did.

I decided to sell both of my Blackstone’s and buy the Camp Chef, and have honestly had zero regret. It gets used a ton and hasn’t missed a beat.

Not sure if you have looked into them, but they do offer a smaller model...

https://www.campchef.com/flat-top-grill-475.html

There’s is definitely more competition on the market today then just a few years ago. Perhaps there is something that’ll better meet your needs. For me though, I am sold on the CS flat tops :)

Did you feel like the 17" did a good job? Not sold on a brand, but like the idea of having a flat top to throw stuff together from time to time for a family of 3.

rwalters
03-06-2020, 08:56 AM
Did you feel like the 17" did a good job? Not sold on a brand, but like the idea of having a flat top to throw stuff together from time to time for a family of 3.

The 17” was great! That said, if I could rewind time I would’ve gone with the 22” BS. Cooking on a griddle is obviously different than a traditional grill... so being able to spread out a bit is really nice. For a few more $$ I’d suggest the 22”.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076MFM8LX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_0mMyEbQJNR86T

Gimmethecash
03-06-2020, 04:22 PM
Loving my FTG600 so far, I like the space, even for just two people, but will cook for many if needed.