PDA

View Full Version : Real quick help on Pit boss Copperhead mod

Pitmaster T
02-05-2020, 12:11 PM
I hate the position of the control box on my 7 - right under where **** drips and it knocks it out. I have a new control module but can anyone direct me to the vendor that sells that extra box for relocation. It was a metal box. I want to place it on the side.

Nuco59
02-05-2020, 12:27 PM
once upon a time, I would have said Radio Shack. Now, now I go to Grainger, or Amazon or McMaster-Carr.

One of those three will have something you can use. McMaster https://www.mcmaster.com/ is pretty awesome - easy to search,easy to find, easy to buy. May not be the cheapest but they have everything.

Stlsportster
02-05-2020, 01:18 PM
Why you wastin time on that pellet pooper Donnie...I thought Alejandro and Smitty fixed ya up with a GF?

RCAlan
02-05-2020, 08:05 PM
I hate the position of the control box on my 7 - right under where **** drips and it knocks it out. I have a new control module but can anyone direct me to the vendor that sells that extra box for relocation. It was a metal box. I want to place it on the side.

If You do a Google search for bbq grill pellet hopper conversions, I’m sure you’ll find what you’re looking for. I would post a link to the company I used to upgrade my pellet grill, but I don’t want to get banned for posting an external link... smh/lol... My SmokeDaddy/Pellet Pro PID Controller and Hopper Combo has worked great and the swap out for my grill took all of 20 mins. to finish. For your PB Copperhead 7, you’ll have to cut an opening on the side of your smoker for the auger assembly to fit, but other then that, it should be a quick upgrade. Good luck.

smoke ninja
02-05-2020, 09:32 PM
I've seen them mounted in the side at the bottom

Or you can get an electrical box like this

BUD Industries JBH-4956-KO Steel NEMA 1 Sheet Metal Box with Knockout and Hinged Cover, 6" Width x 8" Height x 4" Depth, Gray Finish https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005UP9YYI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_kE4oEb5V5K7G7

TravelingJ
02-06-2020, 01:06 AM
Yeah, that location is horrible. They just warrantied out my controller from rain (and probably pork juice) getting into the display. Love the smoker, but feel I'm always spilling things on the controller.

Big George's BBQ
02-06-2020, 11:23 AM
PM Jason TQ He may know

JGarvey
02-06-2020, 11:34 AM
If you have access to Facebook, join the group Pitboss Copperheads. There are plenty of people in the group that have moved their controllers or upgraded them. You could just cut a hole in the "skirt" on the lower right hand side (facing smoker) and just mount it that way.

Pitmaster T
02-06-2020, 01:21 PM
Why you wastin time on that pellet pooper Donnie...I thought Alejandro and Smitty fixed ya up with a GF?

Doing some Moda on that one.