PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone provide any information on this smoker

Hinds15
01-22-2020, 06:41 PM
Its a pitts and spitts c1830 I believe. Can't find any videos or reviews out there.

Hoss
01-22-2020, 07:18 PM
I have heard of that brand but am not familiar with them.

Sid Post
01-23-2020, 10:36 AM
Check out Jess Pryles on YouTube and social media. She has a model affiliated with them and is a place to start.

My general feeling on the brand, in general, is that it is a bit 'hyped' and expensive for what it is. The market place is very crowded and competitive so, the options are a bit overwhelming causing 'analysis paralysis' for many.

What is attracting you to this model specifically?

Hinds15
01-24-2020, 09:01 AM
Check out Jess Pryles on YouTube and social media. She has a model affiliated with them and is a place to start.

My general feeling on the brand, in general, is that it is a bit 'hyped' and expensive for what it is. The market place is very crowded and competitive so, the options are a bit overwhelming causing 'analysis paralysis' for many.

What is attracting you to this model specifically?

Saw one on facebook market place for 700$ and was always interested in the design.

Peter V
01-24-2020, 12:23 PM
Had a Pitts and Spitts a few years back, a conventional 24x36 offset smoker. It cooked well and was easy to hold between 225 and 250. Surprisingly the roll top didn’t really leak when closed. Sold it after I got a Klose offset. If weight is an issue then that smoker would do well as it’s not 1/4” I believe they’re 3/16”.

Sid Post
01-24-2020, 12:38 PM
Saw one on facebook market place for 700$ and was always interested in the design.

Sounds like it might be worth picking up. With less steel is won't be as hard to move around but, in Texas the 3/16ths body it probably isn't a very big concern though, the firebox may burn out faster.

The design is compact so, it would be a good option for anyone a little tight on real estate on the patio or in the garage.